Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

List of airlines that interline baggage?

Old Feb 10, 2011, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I think at one time I saw online a complete list of airlines, each listing all those with whom they interlined baggage. I'm usually good at finding things online, but I haven't been able to find this list again. Can anyone help?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:31 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You can buy that list for a few thousand dollars, it is called the IATA Multilateral Interline Agreement list. Alternatively OAG has a somewhat close version.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Phone your airline and ask.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:10 pm

If there is any particular airline pair you want to know about, I have a MITA manual (paper edition) with me and can check.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
All travel agency computer reservation systems - Galileo, Sabre and Worldspan - have this information.

Here is a list for AA. I would assume any that interline with AA would also interline with each other.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...gs_and_BPs_(AA)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by JerryFF
I would assume any that interline with AA would also interline with each other.
That would be an incorrect assumption.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

This isn't for any current need of mine; I brought it up because questions come up on FT and other boards where such a list would be useful. I know that I saw such a list online a few years ago; maybe it wasn't supposed to be public and isn't up anymore.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Some airlines publish this info on their sites. I know AC does for example. Also almost all alliance members in *A interline with/between each other and so do most of the other members in SkyTeam and OW.

One key point to remember is if your journey includes more than two airlines, all of them need to interline with each other! i.e. in itinerary with airlines A-B-C, it's not enough if B-C have interline, but also A-B and A-C should interline as well.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
What about fees? I will be interlining DL to AA (I assume this works). On DL I have status, so no fee. AA, nothing. Will I be charged a fee?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by CObigtimefan
What about fees? I will be interlining DL to AA (I assume this works). On DL I have status, so no fee. AA, nothing. Will I be charged a fee?
Officially, DL should collect any fees applicable to all legs of the journey using an EMD document which is notified via IDEC and settled through ICH/ACH. In practise, nobody bothers.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:39 am

Why not start a list yourself?

You could create a wiki page that everyone can edit, and circumvent the absurd $2k charge for a bit of info.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by EUnomad
Why not start a list yourself? You could create a wiki page that everyone can edit, and circumvent the absurd $2k charge for a bit of info.
The data is IATA proprietary. They do not take lightly to it being posted on the internet.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
The data is IATA proprietary. They do not take lightly to it being posted on the internet.
I happen to know that British Airways and American Airlines have the interline baggage agreement, because they have flights that connect to each other. Who's IATA to stop me from putting that on a webpage? They may not like it, but they don't operate in a world where they can force the closure of a webpage simply because it reduces their revenue. They're trying to monopolize a bit of information that could be harvested from public data.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
At least in the USA, aren't lists of facts not copyrightable? If this data is assembled without using IATA's database (to avoid breaking any contracts with IATA) then what could they do?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:29 am

IATA has no reason to care if their list were to say appear on wikileaks as a one-off incident. Subscribers to the list would still continue paying the extortionate rate for info because it's always being updated.

Someone could derive the list by having a script that harvests connecting flights from a consolidation site that will only show you single booking flights (like ITA). In fact, ITA would be a good site to harvest, because ITA s/w doesn't care if someone scrapes from their site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.