Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any idea where I can find info on bump possibility?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any idea where I can find info on bump possibility?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Focus-city-to-hub can often be a good opportunity as many of the passengers originating in the focus city are connecting "far away" via the hub. Find out what time the hub's dominant carrier's International flights leave and pick a route from the focus city that puts you into about a 90-120 minute connection. Then pray for rain

It's very random and hard to predict with accuracybecause all it takes is one late-arriving plane and your flight is no longer oversold. Of the 5 or 6 flights I've seen recently asking for volunteers, I think in the end they only needed the volunteers on one flight. With the increased penalties due to the changes in regulations in the US, I think the airlines are going to become far more accurate in predicting and preventing the oversells.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Not the greatest website and their data is fairly limited but you can use this for some info:

http://www.bumptracker.com/
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:35 pm

Trying to find overbooked flights

http://www.seatcounter.com/

Was a good place to get some idea but the last few times I went there, I got the message "SeatCounter.com is currently under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience." Does anyone know if the site is actually down for good?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:00 pm

ExpertFlyer, KVS, and Flightstats are all good resources. EF is paid, KVS and Flightstats are free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.