Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best country to buy a Round the World Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Best country to buy a Round the World Ticket

We'll be ending up in England in April after an RTW trip. Does anybody know if it is still the cheapest place to buy a RTW ticket?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I always thought the cheapest place for a RTW ticket was Thailand.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are a couple three hundred countries to buy from, and at least a dozen different paired alliances. now multiply in some 10 or 20 routes so the list must be over 1000 and maybe even 10,000.

if you are a us citizen, after you find the best buy, you may find you cannot go there.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It really depends on what class (I'm assuming economy based on your perception UK is cheap), what airlines, what restrictions you're okay with, etc.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by slawecki
there are a couple three hundred countries to buy from, and at least a dozen different paired alliances. now multiply in some 10 or 20 routes so the list must be over 1000 and maybe even 10,000.

if you are a us citizen, after you find the best buy, you may find you cannot go there.
+1.^ Imagine booking RTW as a US citizen, and you've got a couple Cuba stopovers?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:18 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
You can check the fares on Expertflyer for each country of origin/purchase. The variation is mostly due to currency fluctuations, and not being in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.