Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new low in F: swim trunks and sweatshirt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

A new low in F: swim trunks and sweatshirt

Ok so im on on 908 and the guy across the aisle is wearing swim trunks and a sweatshirt... yeah... not kidding.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Not another new low!

This definitely belongs in the "most trivial complaints" thread, and is probably the all-time winner.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ain-about.html
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA G
What's the big deal? If he's not NRSA, then why do you care?

I travel in F with shorts and a tshirt all the time. Are passengers going to give me the stink eye the entire flight?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by unavaca
I travel in F with shorts and a tshirt all the time. Are passengers going to give me the stink eye the entire flight?
Some people have nothing better to do. Personally, I like to give the evil eye to anyone wearing a tie...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
What's the big deal? If he's not NRSA, then why do you care?

There is a difference between swim trunks and shorts. I wouldn't wear swim trunks to a Chili's for lunch, let alone on an airplane trip. Someone needs to tell this idiot he isn't 10 years old.

And nothing trivial about it. Notice how things like discretion and polite conduct seems to be disappearing more and more. It is more important for this fool to be comfortable than anything else.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyinbob
I wouldn't wear swim trunks to a Chili's for lunch, let alone on an airplane trip.
Maybe you wouldn't, but since there is no morality police, there's no reason anyobody who wants to shouldn't be able to.

Originally Posted by flyinbob
And nothing trivial about it. Notice how things like discretion and polite conduct seems to be disappearing more and more. It is more important for this fool to be comfortable than anything else.
  1. This is quite probably the single most trivial complaint ever posted on FlyerTalk.
  2. The only people lacking discretion are the person complaining about it.
  3. There is nothing impolite about wearing swim trunks or anything else that complies with established decency rules.
  4. Damn straight that this person's comfort is more important than your or anyone else's sense of what's "right".
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:14 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by United737522
Ok so im on on 908 and the guy across the aisle is wearing swim trunks and a sweatshirt... yeah... not kidding.
In this century, domestic F is no more sacred a place than the general public.

If he was wearing Speedos, he's probably gone too far. But full-length swim trunks are basically the same as shorts IMO. I get much more grossed out by bare feet anywhere near my face in F -- or Y or anyplace else for that matter -- e.g., by the person behind putting them up.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k Million Miler
You also need to wear something washable to get rid of the bedbugs from the seat.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I wear board shorts...a step up from swim trunks?

Originally Posted by n9536j
You also need to wear something washable to get rid of the bedbugs from the seat.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:20 pm

Swim trunks don't seem that bad, provided they're not exceedingly short... Like if he were wearing speedos, I think I'd be a tad uncomfortable.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
This is why when I travel, even in coach, in clean black jeans, black boots, and a black blazer over a clean t-shirt (and it's actually comfy), I invariably get top-notch service with a bit of lagniape. To each their own.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
My boss was on a Jet Blue flight last week and the couple behind him were trimming their toe nails into the aisle and leaving them there...now that is absolutely disgusting!!!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
My boss was on a Jet Blue flight last week and the couple behind him were trimming their toe nails into the aisle and leaving them there...now that is absolutely disgusting!!!

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
  1. This is quite probably the single most trivial complaint ever posted on FlyerTalk.
+1... except maybe not on FT as a whole, but at least the most trivial in this forum.

Sure, it might deserve a mention... but to use the term "new low" is only diminishing the term when it might have a "real" new low attached to it.

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
on another star carrier

recently i saw a curb your enthusiasm episode where larry confronts a seatmate in F for just such an infraction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.