Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is it just me...or is Seat Counter out of commission?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum

I've been trying to get on for a week or so, with no luck.

Is there a decent alternative out there?

Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Depends on what you're using it for. I don't use seatcounter. I use FlightStats:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...lityByRoute.do
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I try to log in, I get the following message: "SeatCounter.com is currently under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: AC*E, A3*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by airbus320
When I try to log in, I get the following message: "SeatCounter.com is currently under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience."
I've been getting the same message for over 3 weeks now...
Old Aug 29, 2010, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hasn't been working for me since about the beginning of August.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC Elite, CX Gold, SPG gold
Had not been working for me since ~ two weeks ago. I get the same error code as airbus320.

Michael
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Depends on what you're using it for. I don't use seatcounter. I use FlightStats:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...lityByRoute.do
odd, why can't i see flight AC15 on Nov 27 in the list of available flights? it keeps thinking the only flights available are to make stops in Vancouver?!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Plat Prem, Hertz Pres Circle
I assume that they had to turn it off or shut down and are just leaving the front page for ad revenue at this point.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by cuto
odd, why can't i see flight AC15 on Nov 27 in the list of available flights? it keeps thinking the only flights available are to make stops in Vancouver?!
I sometimes run into the same problem, but if I select the correct time of day, it usually then correctly displays the flight I'm looking for. (Also hiding the Codeshares helps cut down on all the 'noise').

e.g. if you run the search on Nov 27 with 'Current Time' selected, AC15 is not in the list. If you run the search with '6am or Later', AC 15 appears in the list.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pxy_a
I sometimes run into the same problem, but if I select the correct time of day, it usually then correctly displays the flight I'm looking for. (Also hiding the Codeshares helps cut down on all the 'noise').

e.g. if you run the search on Nov 27 with 'Current Time' selected, AC15 is not in the list. If you run the search with '6am or Later', AC 15 appears in the list.
I haven't been able to get the homepage for the last few days. Before that, about a couple of weeks ago, I could do a search, but couldn't get any flights to pull up (any carrier).
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The data source that they used - itn.net - went offline at the beginning of August. Unless they decide to change their system to use the FlightStats data source I would expect it to remain offline.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
The data source that they used - itn.net - went offline at the beginning of August. Unless they decide to change their system to use the FlightStats data source I would expect it to remain offline.
Flightstats doesn`t work either, trying the whole day for different flights
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:11 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by Fendant
Flightstats doesn`t work either, trying the whole day for different flights
Same problem here. I just found out about Flightstats a few weeks ago and now it stoopped working as well. I know I could join expert flyer but does anyone still know a free tool out there?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, KLM/AF Platinum, BA Gold
kvs tool is also down at the moment - hope it will be back soon
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Flightstats is working fine. What trouble are you having with it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.