Reload this Page >

Naked newspaper grab

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Naked newspaper grab

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by drat19
This is why I always appreciate early AM hotel staffs that make the effort to ensure that a corner of the newspaper is tucked under the door bottom far enough to reach the inside....
However I loathe hotel staff who tries to make an effort and push entire NYT under the door as far as they can... can wake an elephant.
AX
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
When I am less-than-fully-dressed, I crack open the door just enough for me to wrap my arm around and either get down on my hands and knees (in the case where the paper is on the floor) or press up against the back of the door (in the case where the paper is hanging on the door knob) so that my only exposure is my flailing arm and hand.

Anything else is risky, and also discourteous to any potential hapless passer-by who might be faced with an embarrassing situation.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I do put on a t-shirt and shorts before doing the newspaper grab, because otherwise, as distinct from Emeraldcity's case, anyone who chanced to walk by my room would not be smiling, but struck blind.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My only reaction to this thread is: "Who reads a newspaper any more?".
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Could have been worse for the OP. At least the newspaper was close enough that there was no chance of the door closing behind him which happened to a friend of mine. Answered my door to frantic knocking to be greeted by the sight of him wearing nothing but the International Herald Tribune.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Emeraldcity
Happened to me in Atlanta once. I was reaching around to put the do not disturb on the door. Boobs hanging around for all to see. Guy walked by and smiled...
Originally Posted by goalie
agreed (and this may/may not be a thread where pictures are needed )
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
That's what the robes are for.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:43 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Could have been worse for the OP. At least the newspaper was close enough that there was no chance of the door closing behind him which happened to a friend of mine. Answered my door to frantic knocking to be greeted by the sight of him wearing nothing but the International Herald Tribune.
Like this?: http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=WAyVxg_ipPM
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:06 pm
Suspended

LOL
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:47 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by prncess674
I don't grab the paper naked, but I do sleep in a large man's t-shirt and just the other day I opened the door to grab the paper and at that exact moment a coworker was walking past my door. No makeup, glasses, morning hair and a t-shirt is not how you want to greet a coworker.
...well I guess it all depends
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mecabq
When I am less-than-fully-dressed, I crack open the door just enough for me to wrap my arm around and either get down on my hands and knees (in the case where the paper is on the floor) or press up against the back of the door (in the case where the paper is hanging on the door knob) so that my only exposure is my flailing arm and hand.

Anything else is risky, and also discourteous to any potential hapless passer-by who might be faced with an embarrassing situation.
Been known to do the same if robe isn't available. Although I'm usually behind the door, crack it open, stick my head out a bit to look both ways, then do the wrap my arm around thing which works - unless they dropped it just a tad too far away from the door & then I have to move out a bit more. So far no one's been around, so been lucky.

Having said that, was at an upscale resort one time & person I was dating was arriving really late (about 1 or 2 am). I was asleep, but he called from lobby to say he was there. I told him room number, got up, threw off the deadbolt, went back to put a robe on, & as I was putting my arms into it w/ front fully exposed & nothing underneath & facing the door by coincidence, there's a knock on the door & literally before I could move, the door opens & in starts to walk the bellman w/ luggage followed by person I was dating. Bellman sees me, comes to a complete halt, stammers/apologizes, backs out nearly bowling over my friend, and door slammed shut. I obviously closed the robe asap. Door opened again a minute later, and my friend walked in laughing. I was not as amused. Didn't occur to me that he'd utilize a bellman, or the deadbolt would have stayed closed. And don't ask me why I didn't put the robe on first, but I was woken out of a deep sleep so it falls into eh, stuff happens.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
The broadsheets provide a bit more front to back coverage.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
What? Your personal butler didn't retrieve the paper and deliver it to you with breakfast in bed?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KVS
That was the funniest - Mr. Bean - gotta love him!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.