Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emergency Passport Renewal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Emergency Passport Renewal

I am based in NYC but travel frequently. I am looking for a service which can pick up my old passport ( not mail but courier), take it and return it within 24-48 renewed.

Cost is not a concern however I am looking for a reliable company, any suggestions?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Have you thought about visiting a US Passport Agency? You would have to visit the agency, instead of having some company take it and renew it for you.. Personally, I would rather visit the office, than give my passport over to some company that could possible lose it, or etc...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npi...ncies_913.html

You may make an appointment to be seen at a Passport Agency only if:

* You need a U.S. passport in less than 2 weeks for international travel
* You need a U.S. passport within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:04 am
Original Poster

I understand the issue's with giving it to an agency, it is my prefrence though. However if I went to the NYC agency do they give you back the passport the same day?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kyamato
I understand the issue's with giving it to an agency, it is my prefrence though. However if I went to the NYC agency do they give you back the passport the same day?
I understand, just giving another option.. It is my understanding that the passport agencies will issue a passport same day if you have an appointment.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: AA ExPLT
I've used CIBT Passport services - they are located across from Grand Central at 60 E 42nd Street - last time I used them was end of 2009 to get pages added. They will pick up and deliver your passport if you want that service - I just go to their office to pick mine up.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by kyamato
My experience is that they can do same day turnaround if needed. When my wife and I went last year, anyone with travel within 2 or 3 days could get the new one that day, beyond that and you had to pay an express shipping fee and they fedexed it. Of course, you had to provide "proof" of your travel plans.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:54 am

Passport agency has improved quite a bit - it seems to be a pain but you can make an 8AM appointment (if available) - be out withing 30 minutes and pick up your passport the same day in the afternoon (if required for travel) - or the next day.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
This thread, though a couple years old, has some recomendations

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...visas-com.html

that may help
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:37 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It is my understanding that the passport agencies will issue a passport same day if you have an appointment.
I've done this personally, it took a couple of days to get the appointment though.

Originally Posted by erik123
Passport agency has improved quite a bit - it seems to be a pain but you can make an 8AM appointment (if available) - be out withing 30 minutes and pick up your passport the same day in the afternoon (if required for travel) - or the next day.
Correct. If you get an appointment in the morning, you can get the passport
back in the afternoon. Else you may have to pick it up the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.