Search

Best Hotel beds? - And in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Best Hotel beds? - And in Europe?

Hi,

I would like to buy a new hotel bed.

1. Question: Which Sealy or Serta is used in which hotel?

2. Question: I like the Fairmont, the W .. I think they are all pretty much comfy but all of them have a kind of problem with the shipping to Europe (
Any suggenstions?

Thank you!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by bluebird09
Hi,

I would like to buy a new hotel bed.

1. Question: Which Sealy or Serta is used in which hotel?

2. Question: I like the Fairmont, the W .. I think they are all pretty much comfy but all of them have a kind of problem with the shipping to Europe (
Any suggenstions?

Thank you!
By far the best bed ever experienced in Europe is the Coco-Mat Natural Bed, which I experienced in Greece, of all places.

Other very comfortable European beds are by Dux - Scandinavian brand.

Also like the new Four Seasons standard Sealy beds, which are custom made for them.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Also like the new Four Seasons standard Sealy beds, which are custom made for them.
I have a Dux bed at home. It's quite good but I have found that I sleep even better in the new Four Seasons bed (in my very recent review of the FS Seattle, I mention the fact that this is one of the few hotel beds I sleep in without a backache).
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I have stayed at countless top end Euro hotels and the best bed I have ever slept in (if you count England as Europe) is at the Sofitel St. James in London. But I never looked at the make. I think Sofitel sells their beddings just like Westin.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:38 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Four Seasons also use Stearns & Foster custom made beds as well and these are remarkably comfortable.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hastens beds are amazingly comfortable.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by stimpy
I have stayed at countless top end Euro hotels and the best bed I have ever slept in (if you count England as Europe) is at the Sofitel St. James in London. But I never looked at the make. I think Sofitel sells their beddings just like Westin.
I'd agree - Sofitel St James, London - best bed I've slept in.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My best European bed ever was the Baglioni in Bologna. They use Irish linen sheets which feel wonderful and cool in the summer.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:44 pm

The Sofitel beds are, no doubt, consistently great.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
forgot to mention

Wynn LV also had an excellent bed and linen _ about the only real ^ from our stay.

They also had a shop where you could buy. I'd be surprised if they didn't ship, for a price
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Best mattress:

Sofitel Bayerpost Munich (SoBed: http://na.soboutique-hotelsathome.com/bed.aspx)

and

Le Royal Meridien Hamburg: Sealy Eden F, sold by the property itself to the public (Sealy mattresses are very difficult to get in Germany whereas you can get them in Australia at every corner and for a fraction of our prices, sort of)

Best linen:

Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy Frankfurt: made by Italian manufacturer Pedersoli (material is linen and feels like air, no source of supply available though Pedersoli is bedding supplier of "Le Meridien Lingotto Art+Tech Turin" as well)

Best duvets, pillows:

Le Royal Meridien Hamburg (and others): made by Muehldorfer, Haidmuehle, Germany (http://www.muehldorfer.com/hotel/referenzen-e.html
Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

are principe di savoia's top 2 suites the only place to find manrico's cashmere sheets?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Thank you all..

..for your advise...

I finally bought a vi-spring, it took me months to decide about which bed to buy because I first had to accept that beds are as expensive as cars, We do not need a car so we just gave in :-)

And for the bedlinen, I found at the Connaught Hotel in London very nice sheets, italian of course: pradesi is the label.
Nevertheless, we still have french vintage linen as well it never gets used as it is 100% linen at not cotton ;-)

Good night
Old Jul 16, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
The reason that the Sofitel bed is so comfortable, in my opinion, is because of the featherbed which is on top of the mattress. I have an excellent featherbed (on top of an expensive bed - but I think the expensive bed was probably a waste) which I think makes all the difference. Always in pursuit of an even more perfect bed (some women like diamonds..) I recently ordered the Sofitel featherbed (it's not expensive) but they switched venders in the US and now you can feel the hard part of the feathers. So if you want to recreate the feel of the Sofitel bed - find a good featherbed (pinch it first and try to feel for hard feathers). And those good sheets - they need to be ironed.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in Travel Buzz.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.