Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What places did you dream of visiting when a kid? Have you done so?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What places did you dream of visiting when a kid? Have you done so?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: EXPLT
what a great thread ..

I am fascinated by remote places..

Perth Australia tops the list for me..and when I went there a few years ago, it was everything i thought and more .. what mystique that place had--in fact, silly as this may sound, I think were i be so lucky to go back, it just wudnt be the same as the first visit. Fremantle, Rottnest Island, Subico, Bunbury.. highly highly recommended. Australia is the best..

tahiti...remote, black sand beaches, and there was a hyatt hotel me and my friends stayed at that was on the NE part of the island (the main island), the hotel was actually built into the ground, and the rooms went DOWN into the hillside, and the lobby was on the top floor. I know there is no longerthe hyatt there, but i never found out if another hotel company bought it out and is there now--so far, i cant find what it could be. we took a Qantas flight from LAX, and arrive PPT at 3AM, and left back to LAX at 3AM--so you automatically get nailed with having to pay for the extra night..
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:26 pm

The Shawshank Redemption was my favorite movie growing up, so I always wanted to visit Zihuatanejo in Mexico.

My family was always more of a driving road trip group than a flying group, so growing up on the east coast, I always wanted to drive on the Pacific Coast Highway through Big Sur and on US 101. I got to drive both roads in the past 2 years and that really makes me a happy man.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
I always wanted; and still do, to go to the moon.
But since I don't know any mileage program that can take me to the moon, I'm stuck on Earth.

Probably I'll never be able to go to moon.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kitsura
Any particular reason for that?

I've never dreamed about going to Hong Kong yet I've been there on transit more than 12 times this year and still have another 1 or 2 more trips lined up.
Business travel has driven all but 2 of the subsequent visits. Still, it is a great place to work as well as holiday.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Having grown up in a small town where nobody really traveled, I am often reminded of how blessed I am to have been able to see a lot of the world.

I remember wanting to visit Australia and, having been there twice, wonder why I was so keen on it. Not that it isn't a nice place, but it's not really very exotic.

I also had some sort of viewmaster set that had to do with famous monuments and was quite taken with the Taj Mahal. I went to India in 1996 and was not at all disappointed in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.