Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

4 days in Paris before Egypt...how would you pack?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 days in Paris before Egypt...how would you pack?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:44 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question 4 days in Paris before Egypt...how would you pack?

We are contemplating a 4 day stop-over in Paris on the way to a 2 week sojourn in Egypt next November.

We have always packed lightly (usually carry-on only).

But these two destinations have widely different climates. Paris will probably be damp and the temperature 40-50 degrees. Egypt, sunny and in the 80's.....

Is it possible to pack lightly for two such different climates....
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:31 am

Programs: American, United
Fun challenge. I'm just back from a trip to the former Yugoslavia, where temperatures varied by about 40 degrees (F) between warm Zagreb afternoons and chilly Sarajevo mornings.

I say since the time in Paris is pretty brief, sacrifice a bit during that part of the trip. Any pants you bring for Paris must also be appropriate for Egypt (at least at night). Perhaps bring only one pair of relatively warm pants, and wear them the whole time in Paris?

For upperware, just bring a medium-light all-weather jacket for Paris. Wear it over whatever shirts you're going to wear in Egypt.

One pair of shoes and one pair of sandals should do the job, as well.

Buy cheap umbrellas in Paris if you need them, and leave them behind.

Last edited by kurish; Oct 27, 2009 at 3:40 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.