Reload this Page >

Your initials as an airport code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your initials as an airport code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: KLM Gold Elite (You can guess how long ago I lost this status!), LH Senator
TPH = Tonopah Airport, Nevada.

Never been there, never will! (No offence to any Tonopah residents

or under Canadian Rules

YTH - Thompson Airport, Manitoba (See above!)
Old Oct 19, 2009, 4:35 pm

Trevor John, airport section TJ - Puerto Rico
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
SLK Adirondack
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mr H
I have four initials
Well, unless your initials begin with I, J or X you stand a chance of being able to match up with an ICAO Code, give that a try!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:17 am

This is fun; I got an airport I didn't even know existed.

JCH - Qasigiannguit, Greenland

Wikipedia tells me that the aiport is serviced by Air Greenland (which I also didn't know existed) and the town which shares the same name, has fewer than 2000 residents.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Uptown_Girl

Wikipedia tells me that the aiport is serviced by Air Greenland (which I also didn't know existed) and the town which shares the same name, has fewer than 2000 residents.
I remember one of the first times I flew JFK-NRT, while flying over northern Canada I saw many little towns with airstrips but no visible roads, I'm assuming they got everything by air.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:16 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, Marriott LT PLT
Fun...but I doubt that I (or anyone else on this board) will ever ever go to Kabri Dar, Ethiopia (ABK)!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:38 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by Black Adder
Originally Posted by Uptown_Girl

I remember one of the first times I flew JFK-NRT, while flying over northern Canada I saw many little towns with airstrips but no visible roads, I'm assuming they got everything by air.
I actually flew out of JCH - it was about 10 years ago now - in a Sikorsky helicopter on Groenlandsfly (as Air Greenland was at the time). The S.25 is the biggest thing that could land there, and does bring in supplies during the winter. In the summer, there are regular ferries up and down the coast - in particular to the larger towns of Ilulissat and Aasiaat (both of which boast sizeable fish processing plants).

Qasigiannguit is a very pretty little town - the name is West Greenlandic for 'small spotted seals', and they're there in abundance. It's a great spot for walking, and the town itself has some pretty spots.

Last edited by stut; Oct 20, 2009 at 3:46 am
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
Mine is Salina, Kansas.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by stut
I actually flew out of JCH - it was about 10 years ago now - in a Sikorsky helicopter on Groenlandsfly (as Air Greenland was at the time). The S.25 is the biggest thing that could land there, and does bring in supplies during the winter. In the summer, there are regular ferries up and down the coast - in particular to the larger towns of Ilulissat and Aasiaat (both of which boast sizeable fish processing plants).

Qasigiannguit is a very pretty little town - the name is West Greenlandic for 'small spotted seals', and they're there in abundance. It's a great spot for walking, and the town itself has some pretty spots.

Thanks for posting the pics. Since it's very unlikely I'll have the opportunity to visit Greenland (let alone Qasigiannguit itself,) at least I have a hint of what I'm missing.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Dirt, Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by trooper
We need a sponsor for a partucularly "FT" competition..

"Win a trip to THAT airport"....
Ooooo, Pittsburg, KS home of Atkinson Municipal Airport. PTS
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL,EK
THI: Tichitt, Mauritania

According to Wikipedia: "Tichit is a partly abandoned small town at the foot of the Tagant plateau in central/south Mauritania."
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mine is the home of Airbus..... pretty cool, eh? I've been there, though not to the airport, and I also missed the tour of the facility!

My wife's is Alamosa, Colorado. Only a couple hours away from us. I think the only flights out of there are to / from DEN on Great Lakes, so it's not likely will fly in / out of there!

And yes, I actually knew this stuff *before* this thread. I'm a geek.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, AAdvantage, Virgin Atlantic
Hi all, am new to this forum, but thought if no-one minded i would join in

Mine is CJB - COIMBATORE in INDIA !!

Interesting, Never been to India, may have to plan a trip!! :P

Last edited by Cazzi B; Oct 21, 2009 at 3:28 am Reason: Because my spelling was shocking!! ... Typed too fast I guess.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 4:35 am

Welcome Cazzie B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.