Wiki Posts
Search

MyFlights iPhone App [Discontinued as of 31 December 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
MyFlights iPhone App [Discontinued as of 31 December 2017]

Just to let you know, I've recently released an App for the iPhone - My Flights.

It allows you to find and save Amadeus bookings for offline viewing, but the most important feature is that once saved, your bookings will be checked regularly for changes, and if any are found, a Push Notification is sent to your iPhone/iPod Touch.

This covers everything from flight changes to seat changes, times, E-tickets etc.. I mainly wrote it due to the number of people (including myself) who get seat shifted by the airline without being told.

I'd really appreciate your feedback. Please note it's ONLY for Amadeus bookings at the moment, so please don't download it if you don't have any!

The info about the app is here or you can go direct to the App here.

Any questions... shout
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:44 pm

A TripIt integration would be great!
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion - would this to be to pull information from TripIt, or to push information to it?

The thing about TripIt is that it only displays the information from the confirmation email, and doesn't always have the booking reference - that would limit its usefulness.

What exactly did you have in mind?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Any chance you could support UA? Does Amadeus offer real webservices for you to get to the data, or do you screen-scrape? (I doubt UA gives you anything other than their website to work with).
Old Sep 27, 2009, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Any chance you could support UA? Does Amadeus offer real webservices for you to get to the data, or do you screen-scrape? (I doubt UA gives you anything other than their website to work with).
Once I've got Amadeus nailed, I'm going to extend to other reservation systems (like Sabre and Galileo).

Amadeus do have APIs which I'd love to use... but they're only available to Travel Agents and Airlines, so I have to parse checkmytrip
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Just downloaded and looks good - entered all my flight details and all picked up all details OK
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Physci
Just downloaded and looks good - entered all my flight details and all picked up all details OK
Excellent. Let me know how you get on with it.

I'm working on a few enhancements now.

Cheers,
Chris
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
Would like to try it but it requires v3.1 software, and from what I read about that, I don't want to upgrade just yet.

Will give it a go later I hope as it sounds very useful.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Just a quick note to say there's an iPad version available too - My Flights HD.

It's got the same functionality, but redesigned layout to make best use of the bigger screen.

Enjoy
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
direct entry works better

I previously used the iPhone version of this app with TripIt linked (so it pulled through my bookings automatically) ... but I recently discovered that it works way better if you add your flight bookings directly into the app (you get lots more updates/info).
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's move this to Travel Tools...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
I previously used the iPhone version of this app with TripIt linked (so it pulled through my bookings automatically) ... but I recently discovered that it works way better if you add your flight bookings directly into the app (you get lots more updates/info).
Yes - worth noting that My Flights will always monitor against the source from which it found the booking. If you look up a booking using the Amadeus booking reference and surname, My Flights will then monitor Amadeus for changes. If however you have trips imported through TripIt, it can only monitor for changes in TripIt.

Therefore, if your flight is found using Booking Ref & Last name, that's by far the best option. TripIt Integration is more to allow user's to keep all of their bookings in one place, rather than to monitor the bookings
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by schofs
Yes - worth noting that My Flights will always monitor against the source from which it found the booking. If you look up a booking using the Amadeus booking reference and surname, My Flights will then monitor Amadeus for changes.
Is there any way to monitor my seat once the flight goes under airport control (or whatever it is called) ?

I was moved by BA just before check-in opened (twice) and I selected a different seat - but Amadeus is (understandably) showing me as being in my original seat.

either using MyFlights or another app / site ?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
Is there any way to monitor my seat once the flight goes under airport control (or whatever it is called) ?

I was moved by BA just before check-in opened (twice) and I selected a different seat - but Amadeus is (understandably) showing me as being in my original seat.

either using MyFlights or another app / site ?
Not that I know of - I can't get at the data as it's not in Amadeus - I think it has to be specifically with the airlines
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I do love this app. Just one thing that I find fairly amusing: Why do I sometimes get notified that I've got an equipment change on a past flight. That is, I'll get a notification that the A320 I've flown on in a past flight has been changed to an A319. This is on BA.

I also had a case where I was downgraded on a flight, but this doesn't show up anywhere in the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.