Wiki Posts
Search

www.acruw.com - point tracker website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

www.acruw.com - point tracker website

http://www.acruw.com

Has anyone given this point tracker website a try? I have linked a few of my frequent traveler accounts, and thus far I am very impressed. The interface is clean, and not overly complex. There is some unobtrusive advertising. They also provide points vs. dollars comparisons (using their own estimated point valuations), the sort of thing that gives me a headache.

The don't facilitate point exchanges ala points.com, and frankly that is not something that would interest me. I do realize that I am giving a third-party web site my frequent traveler account passwords. That is something I am ok with, with the exception of my AMEX membership rewards, which I chose to track manually.

My only hope is that they come up with an iPhone app.

Thoughts?
-SC
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
http://www.acruw.com

Has anyone given this point tracker website a try? I have linked a few of my frequent traveler accounts, and thus far I am very impressed. The interface is clean, and not overly complex. There is some unobtrusive advertising. They also provide points vs. dollars comparisons (using their own estimated point valuations), the sort of thing that gives me a headache.

The don't facilitate point exchanges ala points.com, and frankly that is not something that would interest me. I do realize that I am giving a third-party web site my frequent traveler account passwords. That is something I am ok with, with the exception of my AMEX membership rewards, which I chose to track manually.

My only hope is that they come up with an iPhone app.

Thoughts?
-SC
seems like a cool site. though i am weary of giving my login credentials to the site.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 1:31 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I use yodlee.com to track my points. Them I trust.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:46 pm

regarding acruw (and password security)

SC - thanks for the nice comments about acruw. We went live with some enhancements to the site today, one of which was to re-think the way we do password security. Now, we have a setting where we don't store your passwords - in this case, we prompt you to type them in each time you would like to update.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other feedback.

Tim
[email protected]
Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:11 am

Cool Acruw - all contact us info failed

After spending some time this morning researching the various travel point accumulation websites, I chose Acruw. After setting everything up, I tried writing an e-mail (as suggested on the site) to have additional programs included and found that all of the 'contact us' email addresses are no good. The Blog link goes nowhere too.
So just a heads up...
Old Aug 28, 2010, 4:55 pm

Update - Acruw

As a follow-up to my above post, I did receive a response from Tim. He explained that the site had not been kept up to date recently and that the emails would be fixed quickly. He also reassured me that the passwords are stored encrypted in the database, and aren't human readable.
So - just an update.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
They also haven't kept the point tracking algorithm up to date. My Alaska Airlines total on the Acruw grid shows that I have 3 miles, I actually have several hundred thousand miles.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Invalid emails, most/all links as dead ends, invalid FF data, 2008 copyright notice, nearly nothing on Google less than a year old - I'm not sure why this would be an option with AwardWallet or GoMiles out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.