FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/963178-expertflyer-com-master-information-updates-thread.html)

ExpertFlyer Voice Oct 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead (Post 12743451)
I heard from AC today and they indicate that they are not blocking X (or any classes) from being visible on the GDS ... so EF should be able to see it?

Just checked, it's still not there. Just because they didn't block it doesn't mean they specifically chose to make it available either. Not all availability classes are available by default (by design), and airlines usually don't publish classes that aren't associated with paid tickets unless they have a specific reason to.

-EFV

PreferBulkhead Oct 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks for the reply ...

ExpertFlyer Voice Nov 14, 2009 8:38 am

New Feature - Seat Alerts

ExpertFlyer is proud to announce the release of our newest tool in our toolbox - Seat Alerts. A complimentary feature to our existing Flight Alerts and Seat Maps features, Seat Alerts allows you to be notified if a currently occupied seat on your flight that you wish you were sitting in becomes available.

So now when you're in coach and want that exit row, or you're stuck in a middle seat and want an aisle and/or window seat, just tell ExpertFlyer what occupied seat(s) you want and we'll keep checking and let you know if they become available (like Flight Alerts, but for seats).

We also have an "Any Window Seat", "Any Aisle Seat", or for full flights "Any Seat" options so you don't have spend too much time choosing seats. We also have an option that allows you to tell Seat Alerts if a seat designated as Premium Only can satisfy the alert. Since not everyone can reserve a seat designated for flyers with elite frequent flyer status, Seat Alerts can be told to ignore them.

Seat Alerts are supported on the 85 airlines we currently support Seat Maps for. Please take a look at our blog post about Seat Alerts for an example and a couple of screen shots. Enjoy!

-EFV

altaskier Nov 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 12817243)
ExpertFlyer is proud to announce the release of our newest tool in our toolbox - Seat Alerts.

Very cool!

damaxer91 Nov 15, 2009 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 12817243)
ExpertFlyer is proud to announce the release of our newest tool in our toolbox - Seat Alerts. A complimentary feature to our existing Flight Alerts and Seat Maps features, Seat Alerts allows you to be notified if a currently occupied seat on your flight that you wish you were sitting in becomes available.

So now when you're in coach and want that exit row, or you're stuck in a middle seat and want an aisle and/or window seat, just tell ExpertFlyer what occupied seat(s) you want and we'll keep checking and let you know if they become available (like Flight Alerts, but for seats).

We also have an "Any Window Seat", "Any Aisle Seat", or for full flights "Any Seat" options so you don't have spend too much time choosing seats. We also have an option that allows you to tell Seat Alerts if a seat designated as Premium Only can satisfy the alert. Since not everyone can reserve a seat designated for flyers with elite frequent flyer status, Seat Alerts can be told to ignore them.

Seat Alerts are supported on the 85 airlines we currently support Seat Maps for. Please take a look at our blog post about Seat Alerts for an example and a couple of screen shots. Enjoy!

-EFV

Great New Feature!

PreferBulkhead Nov 15, 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 12821798)
Great New Feature!

+1 ^

deac83 Nov 16, 2009 7:07 am

This is great makes EF a must keep (especially after AA virtually eliminated visibility to X during the upgrade window).

pirocaman Nov 16, 2009 7:27 am

Seat Alerts Worked for Me

I'm booked on a flight today from ORD-SJC and even though I booked a couple of weeks ago, the seat availability was horrible. So, of course, I was in a middle seat. I set up a seat alert for any aisle seat and included premium. I received one email early this morning for an aisle seat but before I could log on it was gone. At this point I was wondering if there was some kind of a lag (I'm assuming EF is set up to query the airline db at certain times and that the airlines don't "push" seat availability to EF) but understand that seats really can go that quickly on a booked flight. Anyway, I went in to EF and reset the alert. On the way to the airport I received another notification and quickly logged onto AA.com and grabbed the seat. So, now instead of being in a middle seat for 4 hours, I'm in an exit row aisle!

The only thing I will do differently next time is set up a separate alert for the exit rows. It appears that if you set up an alert and it is fulfilled (i.e. labeled as "notified"), it will stop searching and you'll receive no more notifications. This makes sense, but since I don't have a lot of experience using the alert feature I had to go back in a set up another alert after the first notification.

deac83 Nov 16, 2009 11:29 am

Once you've been notified it will stop searching. So you either have to go back in a reset it or set up a new one.

YYZ_TVGuy Dec 3, 2009 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 12743560)
Just checked, it's still not there. Just because they didn't block it doesn't mean they specifically chose to make it available either. Not all availability classes are available by default (by design), and airlines usually don't publish classes that aren't associated with paid tickets unless they have a specific reason to.

-EFV

Any update on this? I'm going bonkers here... I need my X availability on my favourite tool.

BLG Dec 3, 2009 6:03 pm

A helpful thread with more EF info

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-than-ef.html

GadgetFreak Dec 3, 2009 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by deac83 (Post 12826071)
This is great makes EF a must keep (especially after AA virtually eliminated visibility to X during the upgrade window).

Sorry but could you explain this more or point me to a link on it? Im seeing some very weird stuff on AA for a departure to London on Saturday that is a bit sudden. Among other things, it is showing R3 but no seats available in business (there were a lot a few days ago). There are in fact seats for sale still. Also, I think another flight on the same day also showed completely booked on the seatmap a few hours ago but now shows a lot of open seats (I think I remembered that correctly). Does it get odd results within a couple days of departure? Thanks.

ExpertFlyer Voice Dec 7, 2009 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by YYZ_TVGuy (Post 12921543)
Any update on this? I'm going bonkers here... I need my X availability on my favourite tool.

Unfortunately, no. We're trying to see if we can get AC to change it and we'll let you know if something changes.

dyung Dec 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I just logged on today to do some award ticket searches and it seems that UA is back on the list of searchable airlines! I did some quick searches and did not see any mention of UA award searching coming back, so I'm hoping this is not a glitch. Hopefully it sticks this time! ^

GordonGordon Jan 5, 2010 1:46 am

Can you give me a discount code for personal use?

ExpertFlyer Voice, could you please pm me some dicount coupon codes for renewal? I want to renew my expertflyer account but don't want to do it without discout since I already paid one year full fare. Thanks for your help.