Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: krisflyer, Asiana Club
Originally Posted by L4ibsch
Thanks, dragoon17c.

Let me ask again, are you familiar on how to work with git/github.com? When I asked how you compile your data the most important question for me is whether you do this "by hand" or scripted/automatic.

NO, I don't
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
OK.

Do you compile your data by hand or in an automated/scripted fashion?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by L4ibsch
OK.

Do you compile your data by hand or in an automated/scripted fashion?
by hand
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:58 am

http://depositfiles.com/files/j44ter6ds

new version released!

All airliners updated!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot dragoon17c for producing fresh data files! I know from my own experience how much work went into this

Here are a few notes on data files, since I was the original author of the tool.

The reason for the "assertion failed" error is a missing tab in the file airports.dat in the line for the LLO airport (between the longitude and the airport name). Columns should be separated by tabs, not by spaces. If you are not a programmer, you can easily see this by loading the file into Excel.

The "# Date:" comment in routes.dat is displayed by the tool as the "Data set date", so it should be updated to reflect the date when you collected/updated the data.

There is a hidden feature in the tool to help locate misplaced airports. In the filter dropdown box, select "Custom". Now, Instead of airline codes, enter the following and click OK:

*>2000

Then, select "all airlines" in the filter again. The tool will now select airports which do not have routes shorter than 2000 miles. This often happens with misplaced airports appearing in the wrong part of the world. For example, the SHO airport has a single route (to JNB) which is 7851 miles long. This can't be right. Of course, there are also correctly airports which only have long routes, e. g. IPC. So you have to review each case per hand. You can use a different number instead of "2000". E.g. "*>1000" followed by "All airlines" will select all airports with the shortest route exceeding 1000 miles.

Another useful trick for finding data errors is to open the "Options" dialog box, specify "Only show routes between 6000-9999 miles long", then uncheck all long-range aircraft and click OK. This will display suspiciously long routes flown by short-range aircraft. For example, the newest data file shows HGH-HOG (8749 miles) flown by an A320. This can't be right, even though both HGH and HOG are shown at correct location.

Keep up the good work
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:11 am

Finally you are here.

I immediately fix the error and here is the fixed version:

http://depositfiles.com/files/5lu8tsgz4

Also, Could you please put my version in your homepage, so anyone who visit your website can see the latest version
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
Thank you VERY MUCH to both cockpitvisit who originally created this invaluable Tool, and to dragoon17c who has done all the work to keep it alive!! :-)
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by dragoon17c
Finally you are here.

I immediately fix the error and here is the fixed version:

http://depositfiles.com/files/5lu8tsgz4

Also, Could you please put my version in your homepage, so anyone who visit your website can see the latest version
I have added the above link to the Wikipost at the top of this thread. Let's try to keep the latest download link in the Wiki.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dragoon17c
Finally you are here.
Website updated.

@dragoon17c: In the future, please send me a private message when you need new data put on the website. I am rarely online on FT these days. Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL KM
First of all- thank you for resurrecting this tool. I always found it very useful. Noticed a city pair/airline missing. See below.

@dragoon17c
Data point missing : UA from/To ORD-STT End November/Beginning December

Last edited by Easy Victor; Oct 7, 2018 at 6:49 pm Reason: added tag
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Easy Victor
First of all- thank you for resurrecting this tool. I always found it very useful. Noticed a city pair/airline missing. See below.

@dragoon17c
Data point missing : UA from/To ORD-STT End November/Beginning December
Hello,

Seasonal routes is not included due to massive workload and constant changes
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I clicked on the deposit files link in the wiki... (https://depositfiles.com/files/5lu8tsgz4)

and I am liking the "Single Woman Seeks a Man" (with picture of woman in bikini), "This Medieval Fantasy Game Has So Many Twists and Curves!" (with picture of a scantily clad princess warrior), and "1 Simple Trick Removes Eye Bags & Lip Lines in Seconds" (with a nasty close-up picture of wrinkly lips).
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:45 am

Hey Guys,

Winter season routes has begun, new version expect will be released in late DEC
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:00 am

http://depositfiles.com/files/7qxijyzuo

new version released!!

Updated most of Asian Airlines and new/canceled routes around the world
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the update

I have updated the homepage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.