Wiki Posts
Search

Comparing GoMiles to the other award trackers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: American, Delta, United
Comparing GoMiles to the other award trackers

I have searched and read several threads on various award tracking programs. It seems most FT folks prefer Awardwallet. I have not seen a lot of info on GoMiles. Does anyone have experience out there with GoMiles? What are the advantages and what are the disadvantages? I'm looking for a 'freebie' if possible. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I've used both, and greatly prefer AwardWallet. One annoying thing about GoMiles is how long it takes to update an account balance. AW, maybe 5 seconds. GM, maybe a minute, sometimes longer. If you have a dozen (or more) FF accounts, you have to start the update and go have lunch
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info on UPDATING. How do you feel about giving out your passwords to these sites? Does it worry you any? Any other advantages of AW over GM?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:32 am
Suspended

I've not used GM but I really like AW's new Android app.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:00 pm

Award Wallet Benefits

Originally Posted by agape2travel
Thanks for the info on UPDATING. How do you feel about giving out your passwords to these sites? Does it worry you any? Any other advantages of AW over GM?
Personally, I find AwardWallet reputable enough of a company that I am willing to save my passwords on their server. That being said I would make sure to use a different password for other important services like email or financial accounts. One nice thing about award wallet is that you can reveal your passwords which makes it easier to remember the plethora of usernames of passwords for these programs.

Things I like about AW include the recently changed tab and the ability to click on a program to open a new tab that already is logged in to your account for that program. I got the bonus code for first time users but plan on paying the 2 dollars a year in the future.

Feel free to Private Message me for a referral and first time user upgrade coupon. This is my referral link.

Last edited by doodicaldan; Jun 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the offer on the 'referral discount'. I guess I need to go back and read up on AW because I thought it was a lot more than $2 per year. I may get back with you on the referral. Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.