FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   FlightMemory (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/681384-flightmemory.html)

Telfes Apr 23, 2007 7:59 am

That did it! Thanks Kiwi Flyer!

josmon10 Apr 25, 2007 1:32 am

I'm happy I've kept track of all my flights so far (148), and this is much better than a spreadsheet. But www.flightmemory.com would be even better if we could also enter further information, such as booking class or stopovers. And the maps are tiny!

But it's free of charge and a great tool, so I guess we must be thankful for it...

UA9861 Apr 25, 2007 4:52 pm

Woohoo! I can track all my flights now. But, I am still going to keep my boarding passes/itins because nothing beats the real deal.

Speaking of which, how do I prevent these boarding passes (thermal printed?) from fading??!?! :D

szg Apr 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by UA9861 (Post 7640804)
Woohoo! I can track all my flights now. But, I am still going to keep my boarding passes/itins because nothing beats the real deal.

Speaking of which, how do I prevent these boarding passes (thermal printed?) from fading??!?! :D

Scanning them all and store them as an image (jpeg) on the computer !!

redbeard911 Apr 27, 2007 6:36 pm

The site has been horribly slow this evening. I have five pages of United.com printouts that I wanted to enter, but it's taking 3+ minutes for each page. :mad:

josmon10 May 2, 2007 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 7624252)
If you go to the german version: http://www.flugstatistik.de you can print nicely formatted PDF versions of your flight log and statistics, just click on "Druckansicht" on the respective pages.

I speak basic German, but I'm afraid I can't handle this website. It doesn't seem to work the same way as www.flightmemory.com. When I click on Vorschau (Flightdata) it doesn't give me the option to enter any new flights. And instead of Statistics, what I get is Registrieren, which I already did. And no sign of Druckansicht...

Could it be that it doesn't recognise members of Flight Memory? It seemed to accept my username and password, though.

Thanks.

alex0683de May 2, 2007 4:39 am

Originally Posted by josmon10 (Post 7673918)
I speak basic German, but I'm afraid I can't handle this website. It doesn't seem to work the same way as www.flightmemory.com. When I click on Vorschau (Flightdata) it doesn't give me the option to enter any new flights. And instead of Statistics, what I get is Registrieren, which I already did. And no sign of Druckansicht...

Could it be that it doesn't recognise members of Flight Memory? It seemed to accept my username and password, though.

Thanks.

"Vorschau" means "preview", which means you weren't logged in at the time. The flightmap you see is an example, perhaps the owner's own.

Log in on the German site and then look for "Flugdaten". That's where you can enter more flights and also get a printed list of all flights you've taken via the "Druckansicht" button. You then get a warning that it may take a little while to compile the PDFs, and to wait a bit after clicking the button marked "Druckansicht erstellen". Same deal on the flightmap/statistics page marked "Statistik".

NYC girl May 2, 2007 9:16 am

This is so fun! I am going to waste so much time setting this up, thanks!^

josmon10 May 3, 2007 7:38 am

Originally Posted by alex0683de (Post 7673985)
Log in on the German site and then look for "Flugdaten". That's where you can enter more flights and also get a printed list of all flights you've taken via the "Druckansicht" button. You then get a warning that it may take a little while to compile the PDFs, and to wait a bit after clicking the button marked "Druckansicht erstellen". Same deal on the flightmap/statistics page marked "Statistik".

Vielen Dank, Alex! Now I see what happened: I hadn't scrolled down, down, down and ticked that "Ich habe die AGB gelesen..." bit (which I obviously haven't read at all). I've just got the PDF, and it's great. I just wish they'll soon translate it into English. Even if I can understand words like "Geschäftlich" and "Gang", I'm much more familiar with Business and Aisles :)

deadlee May 3, 2007 12:59 pm

the joy of thermal paper is well-documented. the best option is to use plain paper (which doesn't "disappear), or have a soft-copy of the document on your PDA/usb key, which you can then retrieve at a lounge, poerhaps

alex0683de May 3, 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by josmon10 (Post 7680457)
Vielen Dank, Alex! Now I see what happened: I hadn't scrolled down, down, down and ticked that "Ich habe die AGB gelesen..." bit (which I obviously haven't read at all). I've just got the PDF, and it's great. I just wish they'll soon translate it into English. Even if I can understand words like "Geschäftlich" and "Gang", I'm much more familiar with Business and Aisles :)

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked out. They'll get there eventually, but from what I understand, at the moment they've got their hands full trying to add more server capacity to cope with the sudden influx of users from all over the world. Give it time. ;)

thelittlevoice May 6, 2007 8:35 pm

Cool site. Thanks!

N674UW May 7, 2007 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter (Post 7623101)
I just had to find this site two weeks before my property law final...LOL. Spent all day yesterday inputting my flight stats. Oh well, at least I didn't discover this closer to crunch-time.

I found this on Thursday...my finals started on Friday...I signed up but thus far Ive managed to resist entering stuff in...as soon as finals end though....:eek: ...hopefully they will get an Excel import feature up soon, make things much easier, since I have all my flights neatly organized on an Excel spreadsheet...

iluv2pilot May 10, 2007 9:17 am

I've been using this site and really enjoy it. I only entered my 2007 flights and it's been fun to see the results!!!

redbeard911 May 10, 2007 5:37 pm

I just got my UA printout for 2005, so it looks like my Saturday morning is booked. :p