FlightMemory

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 16, 17, 6:17 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Catweazle
Wiki Link
Links to FTers' Flight Memory maps

map alex0683de
map Anglo Large Clawed Otter
map axpmaluga
map ayg
map aztimm
map beckoa
map bpoleary
map BuildingMyBento
map CMK10
map COFlyerCLE
map COFreqFlyer
map CurlyKrakow
map cwe84
map dav3d
map DLfan
map DLNYC
map docrok
map Douglas
map Duke777
map ECOTONE
map FLYGVA
map freddie jr
map fransknorge
map gobluetwo
map GoCanes
map goliath
map GRALISTAIR
map GW McLintock
map iCorpRoadie
map JAXBA
map J.Edward
map jefi99
map josmon10
map Kiwi Flyer
map LizzyDragon84
map lls138
map LoganFlyer
map Mackieman
map Madone59
map MastaHanky
map Mehdron
map mersk862
map mikew99
map miniliq
map MuAT
map oosillyoo
map paulmcgrath
map PBIGuy
map pbl22
map PIONEER
map plon
map rankourabu
map redbeard911
map ringbark
map rkkwan
map scottpenderson
map Seat 2A
map Seby12
map skitch23
map SkyTeam777
map slugoaafa
map Smailtronic
map snod08
map stdatwmu
map steveman518
map Stripe
map superguy
map tfung
map thewayofthefuture
map Tor Viking
map ucsf_med
map uva185
map uvaryanmc
map whakojacko
map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Apr 18, 07, 5:04 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SAN
Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Posts: 260
I really like the idea behind flightmemory, I've been actively researching my flight history from paper stubs and emails to enter into the website since it went live. I've told many of my friends about the website as well. I'm concerened about some differences I've noticed between the German and English websites (other than language).

Why is the English version full of in-line ads and the German version ad-free? This is a new enhancement that rolled out a few days after going live (it wasnt there the first few days, and still missing from the German site).

The English version disabled the Search feature that allows you to find people on matching flights (accessible the first few days of the English site go-live). The German version still allows you to use it.

The only other difference in function is that the German one allows you to export your flight info as a PDF.

I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut so that those features don't get removed from the German site too. Please forget what you read in this post.
ucsf_med is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 07, 6:21 pm
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DEN
Programs: UA GS, 0.8MM
Posts: 11,224
Originally Posted by ucsf_med View Post
I really like the idea behind flightmemory, I've been actively researching my flight history from paper stubs and emails to enter into the website since it went live. I've told many of my friends about the website as well. I'm concerened about some differences I've noticed between the German and English websites (other than language).

Why is the English version full of in-line ads and the German version ad-free? This is a new enhancement that rolled out a few days after going live (it wasnt there the first few days, and still missing from the German site).

The English version disabled the Search feature that allows you to find people on matching flights (accessible the first few days of the English site go-live). The German version still allows you to use it.

The only other difference in function is that the German one allows you to export your flight info as a PDF.

I suppose I should just keep my mouth shut so that those features don't get removed from the German site too. Please forget what you read in this post.
You can still search. You need to be logged in to be able to fo it.

I'd love to be able to export to PDF. I'd also like to see user definable sorts, like mileage by airline
redbeard911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 07, 6:36 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: none
Posts: 3,947
I haven't used flight memory, so I don't know what the web pages look like, but if you want to export a web page view to PDF, I like using this free program: www.pdf995.com/
WillTravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 07, 6:47 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SAN
Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by redbeard911 View Post
You can still search. You need to be logged in to be able to fo it.
You are correct, looks like it's back.

Regarding your PDF, you can login to flugstatistik, under the tab where you normally click to enter "New Flight" and "Unique Airports" there are three buttons. Click the middle one (on mouseover you can see it links to something with pdf at the end), it will dynamically generate a PDF nicely formatted with your flight data including comments.
ucsf_med is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 07, 6:53 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
Posts: 320
Is there a web site that can help me forget a few flights???
USDHS1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 07, 6:58 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DEN
Programs: UA GS, 0.8MM
Posts: 11,224
Originally Posted by ucsf_med View Post
You are correct, looks like it's back.

Regarding your PDF, you can login to flugstatistik, under the tab where you normally click to enter "New Flight" and "Unique Airports" there are three buttons. Click the middle one (on mouseover you can see it links to something with pdf at the end), it will dynamically generate a PDF nicely formatted with your flight data including comments.
I got to thinking and poked around the site and found it. 25 pages.
redbeard911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 4:02 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somewhere today, somewhere tomorrow!
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 6,768
fun!!! Addicting too.
iCorpRoadie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 4:41 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Programs: UA Prem Exec, AAdvantage Gold, NW Silver Elite, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Plat, Alaska MVP
Posts: 1
Smile Great site!

Thanks, szg, for http://www.flightmemory.com. I love that I can upload all of my flight data and see it online.
psk808 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 5:20 pm
  #24  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DEN
Programs: UA GS, 0.8MM
Posts: 11,224
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie View Post
fun!!! Addicting too.
It is fun. I tried to remember all the flights I took prior to 1995, since they were infrequent and I didn't keep records.

The only data left to enter is a years' worth of SAN-DEN-SAN weekly flights. That will be tedious.
redbeard911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 5:31 pm
  #25  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Posts: 12,472
Originally Posted by bau31888 View Post
Don't forget to click from time to time on the googleads on www.flightmemory.com to keep this service running for free
I would advise against that, unless you have a bona fide interest in the AdWord.

Cool site, though.
N965VJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 5:41 pm
  #26  
Formerly known as stellertony
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MEX
Programs: UA Gold, AA Plat, AS MVP, NEXUS, APEC
Posts: 971
Thanks for posting this! It looks really neat.
tonei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 6:06 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DCA
Programs: ex-NW, now DL FO, AA, AC
Posts: 82
This is a lot of fun. I had been collecting all of my flight info in a notebook for the last couple of years, and being able to see it on a map is really cool.

Now, if I could only remember the details of my flying five or six years ago...

--ww
flying_ww is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 6:24 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: AUS
Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Posts: 5,689
If you want to fill as many details in as possible and all you have is a flight number and date, go to www.flightstats.com. I know they go back at least a couple of years. They can tell you original flight schedule, actual arrival and departure times, and equipment used.

You need to sign up for an account and log in to get the historical stats. It's free.
Stripe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 07, 9:27 pm
  #29  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: hopefully travelling
Programs: up in the air
Posts: 70,619
Originally Posted by redbeard911 View Post
It is fun. I tried to remember all the flights I took prior to 1995, since they were infrequent and I didn't keep records.

The only data left to enter is a years' worth of SAN-DEN-SAN weekly flights. That will be tedious.
I gave up entering my flights prior to a few years ago. Waaaay too many back and forward (one to three times weekly), mostly on the same route and of a handful of airlines.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 07, 12:48 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MD-NY
Programs: AA ExPlat, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Amtrak Select+
Posts: 18
Posters?

Glad I got turned on to this site. I was getting a little worried that I wasn't obsessing over miles and flights enough.
This year is shaping up like it could be a memorable one in terms of travel - by my standards anyway. The personalized poster with your flight stats and map on it looks pretty cool (thinking the smaller ones). Has anyone bought one in the past, and if so, how did it come out? (quality, clarity, accuracy)
bmorec is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: