Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Any other tool similar to ExpertFlyer? [for schedule and aircraft change alerts]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any other tool similar to ExpertFlyer? [for schedule and aircraft change alerts]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

I'm kinda done with expertflyer now. Very shoddy and not reliable, IMO any longer.
I mainly use it for:
Schedule change alerts (including when the flight #/city pairs change--especially with AA which never/rarely seems to trigger an expertflyer alert)
and
Aircraft change alerts (UA seems to also have problems with expertflyer not triggering)

Very rarely do I use seat alerts.
And can never really use it for award alerts (but supposedly that's not their fault, it's the whole UA/etc. alliance thing)

I see fligthy or something for iOS, but it seems to only (I have NOT tried it) do alerts/etc. like 3 days in advance type of thing. (If it can do 330 days in advance or whenever I book, then I'll check it out).
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:19 pm

Is there an alternative to EF for schedule change alerts?

The sole EF function that still matters to me is receiving schedule change alerts. Since they removed support for many airlines a while back, I've stopped relying on EF for most award searches and alerts. I used to also rely on it for aircraft change notifications and seat alerts, but I can manage without those

I frequently book award flights months ahead, and there are often schedule adjustments before departure that I need to know about immediately. Does anyone know of an alternative to EF for this specific function?
hurnik likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:39 am

With all the recent concerns about EF, is there a similar site anybody recommends for seat alerts?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
I see fligthy or something for iOS, but it seems to only (I have NOT tried it) do alerts/etc. like 3 days in advance type of thing. (If it can do 330 days in advance or whenever I book, then I'll check it out).
I emailed Flighty about schedule change notifications and they said that it will alert you weeks/months in advance.

I might give it a try...
hurnik likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I emailed Flighty about schedule change notifications and they said that it will alert you weeks/months in advance.

I might give it a try...
just an update - I signed up for the weekly version. Flight schedule alerts are pretty cool. I can even see the history of changes when I click on my flight.

hurnik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.