Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Pointsme vs. Seats.aero vs. Roame vs.....which is best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointsme vs. Seats.aero vs. Roame vs.....which is best?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Question Pointsme vs. Seats.aero vs. Roame vs.....which is best?

HI, did not see this published before.....AND I am subscribed to premium versions of these 3 sites....
and maybe I am forgetting a fourth one....😂

Does any of these solve the issue for good?
Points.me makes you search day by day which is frustrating.....but has a direct booking link.
Seats.aero only lets you do direct and does not have a booking tool IMO....
and Roame....seems to be very similar to points.me only covers some programs....

Opinions welcome!
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: Chase and American Express
Pointsyeah is my preferred go to website. Absolutely phenomenal and i've emailed their feedback email and they actually take advice.
chejus likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fbcooper
Pointsyeah is my preferred go to website. Absolutely phenomenal and i've emailed their feedback email and they actually take advice.
forgot about pointsyeah! You are right
thanks for the feedback👌
fbcooper likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:09 am

There isn't a single "best" award search tool, as each has its strengths and weaknesses.expand_more Here's a breakdown of the three you mentioned:
  • Point.me:
    • Pros: Easy to use, real-time search across many programs, has a direct booking link (great for beginners).expand_more Free tier with limited searches, paid option for unlimited searches.expand_more
    • Cons: Frustrating to search day by day for flexible travel dates.
  • Seats.aero:
    • Pros: Powerful search for advanced users, allows for complex searches and award hacking strategies.
    • Cons: Lacks a user-friendly interface, doesn't search for multi-city trips, no booking tool.exclamation
  • Roame:
    • Pros: Free, fast search results, covers a decent number of programs, shows multi-cabin itineraries (be cautious!).
    • Cons: Limited program coverage compared to paid options, doesn't have all the features of Point.me.exclamation
Here are some additional thoughts:
  • Consider your experience level: Point.me is a good starting point for beginners, while Seats.aero caters to advanced users.
  • Think about your needs: If booking directly is crucial, Point.me is your best bet. For complex searches, Seats.aero shines.expand_more
  • Explore other options: Award Nexus, Expert Flyer, and Award Logic are popular paid tools with even deeper search capabilities.
Ultimately, the "best" tool depends on your specific needs and preferences. Trying the free versions of Point.me and Roame might be a good first step.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Wow, great analysis!!
im going to cancel some premium subscriptions after this.
thank you!!🤩

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.