Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone using seats.aero?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone using seats.aero?

It's a nifty site (that Air Canada is suing to try to shut down) that can show award availability on a certain date and route across airlines and alliances. But I'm trying to use it for a flight this summer and it is only showing Economy. It says Business is not available, but if I look on United's website it shows Business awards. Anyone else running into issues?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL
If you are looking at United-operated flights, you may be hitting our filtering for dynamic pricing. We always show saver awards, but since there are a lot of unrealistically priced United awards, we don't show all dynamic awards. The link explains the thresholds we use based on flight timing.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
If you are looking at United-operated flights, you may be hitting our filtering for dynamic pricing. We always show saver awards, but since there are a lot of unrealistically priced United awards, we don't show all dynamic awards. The link explains the thresholds we use based on flight timing.
Thanks, I hadn't been aware of this but in this case it appears there's a bug. There is a saver award available but seats.aero doesn't show it. And even if it weren't a saver award, it's still 40k miles for a 7 hour flight which shouldn't get filtered out. I think it appears to be having a hard time getting info on United flights. I posted a bug in the Discord.

Personally, I'd like the ability to turn off the dynamic pricing filtering. I want to see what's available across airlines. I'll make my own decisions about what's worth the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.