roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Some people here have been burned by subscribing to an award search service that depended on unauthorised access to airline data, then not getting what they thought they'd paid for because that access was blocked. Can you at least reassure us that Roame is not selling stolen data?

I have a paid subscription, but won't continue without that reassurance.
I am sure Roame will say it is not stolen. Not sure the airlines would see it the same way.
I have no inside information, but, how could Roame say anything but 'of course it is all legit'.
(I am not saying it isn't legit, but just that there is zero chance they will say anything else.)
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:22 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
I am sure Roame will say it is not stolen. [...]
([...] there is zero chance they will say anything else.)
At the moment my money's on them ignoring the question or avoiding a straight answer.

I'd like to be wrong.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 9:35 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Discussion of data sources that are used by the various award search engines was moved to a new thread:TWA884
Moderator, Travel Tools
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:38 am

I am trying out your free service before possibly subscribing to the paid service

I have done several flight searches and Roame lists a points cost that is less than the points cost on the airline website

For example, YPR to YVR on May 1st (also many other dates), Roame lists 10,000 points but Air Canada wants 17,800 points

(edited) But for another search, YPR to LAS on May 1st, Roame lists 32,500 points but Air Canada wants only 12,500 points

(I have no idea why Air Canada will fly YPR-YVR-LAS for few points than just YPR-YVR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.