Reload this Page >

roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:55 pm

I really like the UI and the search experience. But more programs are definitely needed, is there any roadmap to add more programs?
Old Aug 23, 2023, 7:15 pm

I have spent a few months playing with Roame.travel. My net conclusion; a lot of promise there that I hope will be realized, but still very much a beta product.

The biggest issues I see...

1. Way too much phantom space showing up. (AA specific) While some of that is an AA issue, a fair amount is on Roame. When Roame shows me award space and I immediately go to AA and it is not there, that is a Roame issue.
2. The interface is slow.
3. Listing premium fares with 2x% in premium is not a premium fare.

I hope they get there, but trying to monetize it now seems like jumping the gun.

Last edited by Global321; Aug 24, 2023 at 9:24 am Reason: fixed typo
Old Aug 23, 2023, 7:40 pm
Company Representative: roame
Original Poster

Originally Posted by galaxygrrl
roame I just found your site (a friend told me) YOU ARE MY HERO! Thank you.
Thank you for the support! If you have any any questions or feedback, please let me know.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:51 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Is there an option to use a password to login as the link to sign-in appears to be taking forever? At least for me.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airgeekjx
I really like the UI and the search experience. But more programs are definitely needed, is there any roadmap to add more programs?
Working on a ton more! Keep an eye out for our email updates
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planes&trains
Is there an option to use a password to login as the link to sign-in appears to be taking forever? At least for me.
Hi, may I ask if you checked your spam folder. Or do you have a Yahoo/SBC email domain? We have experienced issues with Yahoo-related emails for a while.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:51 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by roame
Hi, may I ask if you checked your spam folder. Or do you have a Yahoo/SBC email domain? We have experienced issues with Yahoo-related emails for a while.
Not yahoo. Of the three attempts, I received the link twice, but after an extended wait, and none on one occasion.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planes&trains
Not yahoo. Of the three attempts, I received the link twice, but after an extended wait, and none on one occasion.
May I ask what domain you use? It is one of the large providers like Gmail? Or a company domain? Are you still experiencing log in issues?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BillMorrow
Having a problem logging in. When I use the login button, I receive this error:

"Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)."

I am seeing this across multiple browsers.
Thanks.
Confirming that this issue should have been completely fixed a couple of months ago

Originally Posted by airgeekjx
Yes! We are rolling out more loyalty programs as we speak. Are there any in particular that you would like us to prioritize?

Originally Posted by Global321
I have spent a few months playing with Roame.travel. My net conclusion; a lot of promise there that I hope will be realized, but still very much a beta product.

The biggest issues I see...

1. Way too much phantom space showing up. (AA specific) While some of that is an AA issue, a fair amount is on Roame. When Roame shows me award space and I immediately go to AA and it is not there, that is a Roame issue.
2. The interface is slow.
3. Listing premium fares with 2x% in premium is not a premium fare.

I hope they get there, but trying to monetize it now seems like jumping the gun.
Thank you for the feedback! We have looked into AA and those are actually fares we see, but may not be available. Will need to clean the data here.

Ironically, we have been facing bots leveraging our search to collect award flight data. Working on it continuously.

Showing mixed cabin fare to be complete. Unfortunately, if we hid them, we would also get a lots of complaints on missing fares.
Global321 and Warriorconcept like this.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 5, 2023 at 8:54 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 7:47 am

....Showing mixed cabin fare to be complete. Unfortunately, if we hid them, we would also get a lots of complaints on missing fares.
Maybe in a future feature update you could add an option about mixed fares to choose the mix. I think the vast majority of would have no problem with a mixed fare that is coach domestic and business/first international, but (virtually) no one is interested in reverse.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global321
Maybe in a future feature update you could add an option about mixed fares to choose the mix. I think the vast majority of would have no problem with a mixed fare that is coach domestic and business/first international, but (virtually) no one is interested in reverse.
You're absolutely right. We're working a boatload of updates to push out soon!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:53 am

Really appreciate the emails we get showing low fares on business class!
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta PM
Awards don't seem to be correct when looking at different websites.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kbakes
Awards don't seem to be correct when looking at different websites.
Hey there, could you let me know which routes, dates, and for which programs? Would love to address what you are seeing!
Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta PM
Hey there, could you let me know which routes, dates, and for which programs? Would love to address what you are seeing!
Mainly awards using AAdvantage. I also could be late to checking. Website has a lot of potential!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.