roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

roame.travel - Award Travel Search Engine

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2023, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by roame
Thanks for letting us know! There is some revenge searching by everyone who has not been able to search for last few days. Just made some upgrades and should be blazing fast again. Let me know if anything else pops up.
I am now able to search again. Thanks for all you do!

Last edited by danpeake; May 4, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Old May 4, 2023, 2:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just did a search and it was blazing fast. Further, it showed Delta results, which I hadn't seen before. Then, again, I'm not likely to spend 1,031,800 Delta points to fly from SYD to LAX in biz. Yowzers! That provided my entertainment for the day.
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:55 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TWA884
Are you running any content filtering apps such as uBlock Origin?
Not that one, but I did turn off another similar extension and now it's working. Thank you!
Old May 4, 2023, 3:06 pm

I've been using the tool for international searches. I just used it for a domestic search where I have the possibility of redemption with 2 airlines and travel on 2 days. It let me easily see options. I could have results sorted on trip duration or points required. Nice.
cblaisd and roame like this.
Old May 4, 2023, 3:40 pm
Company Representative: roame
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I hate to be a pain, but...

1) I can no longer see anywhere to login or create an account.

2) When I do a search for which I *know* there is award inventory, there no results. This happens for multiple searches.

3) The programs/stops buttons are empty

4) After clearing cookies, I did get the opportunity to login with my email address. I did so, got the verify email, clicked, but nowhere hve I been asked for a password.

I really hope you might be able to help get this working. Thanks.
Hi, no worries at all and definitely not a pain. Our responses are taking a bit longer as we address some of the issues today. To answer your questions below:

1) & 4) We have moved to magic link logins, where you will only need to click the link in your email to log in. Passwords are no longer required. This will help your security (you don't need to remember passwords anymore) as well as ours (bots cannot access us without email addresses).

2) & 3) Sorry, we are addressing this and will get it fixed. It works now, but may be intermittent for a little bit.

Feel free to post here to email us directly at [email protected] whenever you have questions or have issue. More communication is better so we can get to your questions/problems quicker!
cblaisd likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Are you running any content filtering apps such as uBlock Origin? That could be the issue. I can log in, however, no longer by using a password. A sign in link is emailed to my personal email address, which means that I can't access Roame from my work computer.
Thank you for helping.

We had not considered the use case of work computer usage and their filtering policies. Let me see if we can work on adding back password log-ins. Thanks for bringing this up!
italdesign likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 10:52 am

Can't you just forward the login email from your person to your work email?
Old May 7, 2023, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Following up here. Thank you for bearing with us these last few days. We have now fully resolved the bot issues. Speed and consistency is back to normal.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Having a problem logging in. When I use the login button, I receive this error:

"Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)."

I am seeing this across multiple browsers.
Thanks.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BillMorrow
Having a problem logging in. When I use the login button, I receive this error:

"Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)."

I am seeing this across multiple browsers.
Thanks.
Thank you for letting us know! We have fixed the issue; you may need to close your window and re-open it.
Old May 15, 2023, 5:59 pm

Bilt logo -> Chase guide?

roame Thanks again for this very useful tool.

I noticed that when hovering over the Bilt Rewards logo in a flight result, it says "Click to see Chase Transfer guide"; when I click I am taken to a Chase guide. Surely, this is not what you inteded, especially on a redemption on AA!
Old May 16, 2023, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by st1575
roame Thanks again for this very useful tool.

I noticed that when hovering over the Bilt Rewards logo in a flight result, it says "Click to see Chase Transfer guide"; when I click I am taken to a Chase guide. Surely, this is not what you inteded, especially on a redemption on AA!
Good catch! We need to get that fixed!
Old May 28, 2023, 9:41 pm

I really enjoy Roame. However, tonight as I was searching, I kept finding that my lowest points redemptions were often only 7% or 8% or 10% premium. When I'm searching for Business/First, that's really of no interest to me. The searches with such low percentage of premium seating were returned by Alaska and Air France. But even Delta returned award choices that were only 29% premium.
Old May 29, 2023, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I really enjoy Roame. However, tonight as I was searching, I kept finding that my lowest points redemptions were often only 7% or 8% or 10% premium. When I'm searching for Business/First, that's really of no interest to me. The searches with such low percentage of premium seating were returned by Alaska and Air France. But even Delta returned award choices that were only 29% premium.
We are working on a feature to toggle this off! Stay tuned.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 7:28 pm

Any update? I'm getting search results for international business with just 10% in the business class cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.