Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Managing lots of trips - APP to use

Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Hey everyone. I have found myself in the position of struggling with trip admin.

I have a few trips coming up, multiple flights, car hire and different hotels.

I have tried to use check my trip but it keeps leeching the trips especially back to back flights.

does anyone use another app even paid for or free. Thanks

e
SxMan and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Not sure of the relevance to BA, but I've been using Award Wallet for a while. It stores your passwords and scans your accounts periodically to notify you of changes (seats, schedule etc). Also has check-in reminders and delay alerts. It works with all sorts of loyalty accounts, including Boots.
SxMan and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
I use tripit and find it very good. Just forward your confirmation emails to it and it builds the trip itinerary for you. Only very occasionally do you need to enter someting manually. App is good and so is web access. Holds all your trip history almost indefinitely. You can share details with fellow travellers, PAs or family, all at different access levels. Free version is fine for me. I had a free trial of the premium version but it didn't add a lot for me, although that was during covid ...
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Call me old fashioned but I use standard Calendar functionality. Never lets me down and I have some fairly complex travel coming up over the next few weeks.
becks1, crazy8534 and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I use Google calendar. Good is that on phone when time zone changes it automatically accounts for this. Very helpful because I have to move over multiple timezones.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by allycat53
I use tripit and find it very good. Just forward your confirmation emails to it and it builds the trip itinerary for you. Only very occasionally do you need to enter someting manually. App is good and so is web access. Holds all your trip history almost indefinitely. You can share details with fellow travellers, PAs or family, all at different access levels. Free version is fine for me. I had a free trial of the premium version but it didn't add a lot for me, although that was during covid ...
I second the use of TripIT. I have a paid option which does flight tracking, as well as automatically scan emails for possible journeys.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pennineuk
I second the use of TripIT. I have a paid option which does flight tracking, as well as automatically scan emails for possible journeys.
Third here for TripIt - I've used it since 2009 and it has a very handy tracker that shows you all your flights and trip data (bit terrifying to see your total days away for 13 years...!). But very easy and can create a subscribed calendar feed so it appears automatically in whatever calendar you use (Apple for me)
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by Egbg100
Hey everyone. I have found myself in the position of struggling with trip admin.

I have a few trips coming up, multiple flights, car hire and different hotels.

I have tried to use check my trip but it keeps leeching the trips especially back to back flights.

does anyone use another app even paid for or free. Thanks

e
an app – goodness. Hadn’t thought of that. Have to say, we just have a cardboard folder for each of my trips and then anyone can put relevant pieces of paper in there, appropriate currency, agendas for meetings on the trip. I just then pick up The relevant folder as I head to the airport.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro, UA Silver, DL, QF; HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I third (or whatever we're up to) the motion for TripIt. Add your email addresses there, forward your emailed ticket/itinerary to [email protected], and 95% of the work is done for you. Sometimes there is a little sorting to do when you have nested trips, but it's very simple. And the delay/rebooking alerts when things go sideways have proven themselves (unfortunately) more useful than ever this year.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
I’ve used Kayak for many years now. Was a complete life saver when travel was busy. It works in a similar way to Tripit - you forward booking confirmation emails to kayak and it captures the information, be it flight, hotel, train etc.
El_Duderito likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Also use Kayak here. The reason we swapped from TripIt to Kayak is that Kayak does the flight delay notifications etc. for free while TripIt charges for it.
El_Duderito likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Also use TripIt, you can inbox sync to save from having to forward emails whenever they arrive.

good for building trips automatically and it’s fairly intelligent, even getting restaurant bookings into trips

stats are great too
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:30 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I use a Word document.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:50 pm
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
I've yet to find one that copes with cancellations... Always end up with so many phantom trips...
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I use Excel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.