Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic tracker of visited places with statistics

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6
Automatic tracker of visited places with statistics

I'm looking for a service that would have a mobile application that would log my visits to the cities and places of interest (parks, architectural objects, rest areas, mountain peaks, etc.).

The ideal finding would:
- track my location with its mobile application;
- mark a place visited when I stop there and spend some reasonable time;
- let me export the list of all such visited places (cities, villages, and points of interest) with the list of days when I visited each of them.

All the services I've found are for manual checking visited cities which is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2022, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Google Maps can automatically keep track of your locations. I am not sure how to export the information, though.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Google Maps can automatically keep track of your locations. I am not sure how to export the information, though.
No, it can't do
- mark a place visited when I stop there and spend some reasonable time;
- let me export the list of all such visited places (cities, villages, and points of interest) with the list of days when I visited each of them.

With Google Maps, I cannot get all the dates I've been at a specific location either.

Also, Google Maps location tracking works or doesn't work whenever it wants so very often I don't see the visits I've made. No way at all.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Look into "Timeline" after you have signed in. I have mixed success with that.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Look into "Timeline" after you have signed in. I have mixed success with that.
If you mean Google Maps timeline, it doesn't do what I need and does what I don't need. And often doesn't work at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.