Wiki Posts
Search

HotelSlash "Early Access"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:02 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

Post HotelSlash "Early Access"

Some of you may have used AutoSlash in the past to get a great deal on a car rental. More recently, we launched a sister-site called HotelSlash to help folks get great deals on hotels as well.

Similar to AutoSlash, one of the defining features of HotelSlash is that reservations made through the site will
automatically be tracked for lower rates. Not only will you be able to get a great below-market rate up-front, but you'll also be able to rest easy knowing that we'll email you if a better deal comes along as your check-in date approaches. Just like with AutoSlash, we want to take the work out of getting the best deal possible.

To be clear, we'll be offering rates not available to the general public. Depending on the property and dates, pricing will range from very good to fantastic. Because these are non-public rates, you'll go through a very quick initial signup process when requesting a quote.

We're not quite ready to launch to the general public just yet, but we're making the site available via our "Early Acess" program to the Flyertalk community. At some point, we may charge a membership fee, but anyone who signs up in the next 30 days by using the early access code of FTEARLY, or by clicking here, will be grandfathered in and will never be charged a membership fee to get our best rates.

A few things to keep in mind:
  • You need to have a hotel in mind when requesting a quote. Searching by city, address, point-of-interest, etc. is coming but we're not quite there yet, hence the "early access" designation.
  • Most of our deals are prepaid, but we also offer some pay-at-hotel deals. As long as you choose a refundable rate, your reservation will be tracked automatically for price drops.
  • Loyalty benefits and earning hotel points are not guaranteed, but we find that in many cases, hotels will be willing to add your member number at check-in and you'll be able to earn points on your stay.
Feedback is always welcomed!

Last edited by AutoSlash; Sep 14, 2021 at 8:44 am
Old Sep 14, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This sounds great and I'm a big fan of AutoSlash - you guys have saved me a TON of money over the years.

I will say that I often do care about loyalty programs here, where in the rental car world, I usually don't (other than the ability to bypass the line and go right to my car, which almost always works for me with AutoSlash reservations). So that will likely compromise my ability to be all-in on this program. But I'll give it a shot!
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:05 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
This sounds great and I'm a big fan of AutoSlash - you guys have saved me a TON of money over the years.

I will say that I often do care about loyalty programs here, where in the rental car world, I usually don't (other than the ability to bypass the line and go right to my car, which almost always works for me with AutoSlash reservations). So that will likely compromise my ability to be all-in on this program. But I'll give it a shot!
Thanks for the kind words. Earning loyalty points on 3rd party bookings is never guaranteed, but there's nothing physically blocking it on the hotel side. In our experience, we've gotten points for our own bookings almost every time.

We recommend asking to add your loyalty number at check-in. If the check-in agent can't or won't do it then, stop by during your stay when someone else is at the front desk. Failing that, ask to have them add it at checkout. The more shots you make, the more likely you are to score a goal.

All of that said, loyalty benefits like upgrades, etc. are probably not going to work on bookings made through HotelSlash. Then again, the money you save may be significant, so you need to consider the total picture.

We look forward to saving you money on hotel stays!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
At some point, we may charge a membership fee, but anyone who signs up in the next 30 days by using the early access code of FTEARLY, or by clicking here, will be grandfathered in and will never be charged a membership fee to get our best rates.
I don't have current travel plans, but would like to sign up. How does one sign up for an account without booking a hotel?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
I don't have current travel plans, but would like to sign up. How does one sign up for an account without booking a hotel?
You can sign up just by requesting a quote - no obligation. Pick a hotel and some dates and complete the sign up process. Then that part is done, AFAIK. You'll then get a separate email with a link to rates, but I don't believe you have to book at all.
TWA884 and AutoSlash like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:24 pm

signed up , why are you better than Priceline etc ?

Hopefully I will get to book something soon !
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I signed up and requested quotes for 3 Marriott properties in London for a trip I'm planning for next summer. The offers I received look to be about the same or slightly more expensive than what is available to me via the Marriott website directly as their member rates or AAA rates. One of the properties I wanted to check doesn't actually come up in the hotel name search box -- the Marriott Executive Apartments Canary Wharf. I saw the same issue at a few other non-Marriott sites, so I'm wondering why that may be?

Is there a facility to track prices on a booking I haven't actually made? Or is the best you can do at this point the same as what you suggested in another thread -- keep checking the quote request periodically to see what prices come back? Or can I make a dummy booking and send you that confirmation email for tracking purposes? Based on what you say in the other thread I'm guessing you don't even need the confirmation number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.