Wiki Posts
Search

GateGuru Replacements/Alternatives

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
GateGuru Replacements/Alternatives

Is there anything else there like it? I loved it, posted reviews and tried to contribute to give back since it as a lifesaver. Too many times I would grab food at the first place I found which was often pretty bad when there was exactly what I would’ve wanted further down, I just didn’t know I was there.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro, UA Silver, DL, QF; HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Is there anything else there like it? I loved it, posted reviews and tried to contribute to give back since it as a lifesaver. Too many times I would grab food at the first place I found which was often pretty bad when there was exactly what I would’ve wanted further down, I just didn’t know I was there.
I've tried a few options this year, but haven't found anything that really satisfies as a replacement for GateGuru yet. Quite frustrating!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: dumping United, moving to Virgin/Alaska
Originally Posted by AussieExPat
I've tried a few options this year, but haven't found anything that really satisfies as a replacement for GateGuru yet. Quite frustrating!
Anybody have a suggestion for a similar app?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
I am looking also---I have been using tripit to search and find it doing an adequate job.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Wow amazing - I thought I just hadn't stumbled on a replacement from all the places I find apps like this and I miss it too. So all you developers out there - you have a market here. Glad to know I am not just behind the times. Love TripIt and the airlines' apps are getting better...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I've read mostly positive reviews of Trippie, however it comes only in an iOS version and I'm an Android user, so I have no personal experience.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Thanks TWA884. Am a iOS person and will give it a try.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Trippie is nice although the things that made Gate Guru so so attractive were the reviews. When I'm on some random airport I don't recognize many of the names and many times was steered to (or away) from places based pm the GG reviews and found gems I didn't know about.

The biggest value is in just knowing what is available and where. Several times I've ended up with an Auntie Em's pretzel dinner when if I had walked further by my gate I would have had a better option.

Something like the way Lounge Buddy does it would be nice.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
There is a new tool in the development/testing stage; please refer to the following thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.