Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

How to find flights in a specific area at a given date / time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to find flights in a specific area at a given date / time?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Exclamation How to find flights in a specific area at a given date / time?

I was today (Dec. 11th) on LX 38 from ZRH to SFO. At around 2:30pm Pacific time we where flying over Idaho, close to Boise when an American Airlines plane approach us from the right hand side and fly directly over our flight. It seemed to be very close as I could clearly see all the details of the AA plane. I know LX 38 was at 36,000 feet at the time and I would like to know how close we came to the AA flight. Does anyone know if there is a tool out there that can allow me to see what flights have been around that area at this time so see at what altitude the AA flight was flying at that time?
I was looking at FlightAware but I can't seem to go back in time to see all flights in a given area at that time... Any pointers would be very much appreciated.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:34 am

maybe try Planes Live app

you cannot see in the past, but you can try to follow your flight the same day of the week at that specific hour and see if another flight will be on the map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.