Search

Airport app that shows arrival gate numbers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Airport app that shows arrival gate numbers

Perhaps I have not looked hard enough, but is there an airport app that shows the arrival gate of planes?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FlightAware does.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Enter the flight number into Google.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, I plugged in MAN for Manchester Airport and for love nor money I cannot see the arrival gate of planes. I wonder if you would be so kind to check for me if possible because I think I am losing the plot today!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Thanks, I plugged in MAN for Manchester Airport and for love nor money I cannot see the arrival gate of planes. I wonder if you would be so kind to check for me if possible because I think I am losing the plot today!
Tell us exactly what you're looking for. Do you want to know which planes will arrive at which gates today at MAN? Click here to see today's arrivals. The airport doesn't provide gate numbers as far as I can see.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajGoes
Tell us exactly what you're looking for. Do you want to know which planes will arrive at which gates today at MAN? Click here to see today's arrivals. The airport doesn't provide gate numbers as far as I can see.
No, it doesn't. So, when I fly SOU - MAN - SOU (Southampton-Manchester) on flybe the MAN-SOU flight is the turnaround SOU-MAN flight - however you have to wait for ages for the gate to be shown and then it is a scrum, usually, getting to the gate so if I know where the incoming plane has landed then I can hover closer to that area.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:29 am

Now that I've looked a bit closer it appears MAN doesn't report gate numbers. They don't appear in Google's results or Flightaware.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:24 pm

Hope you dont mind I chime in here. I am also looking for a database that can show current and historic information about arrival gates. More over I like to be able to see whether a flight stops at a air bridge/gate or at a remote stand (using buses). Ideally be able to search by flight number and see whether the plane ends up at a remote stand or gate.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
I guess there is nothing out there really that covers the arrival gate consistently?
Yes, sometimes Google Flights, or Flightaware or TripIt will show, but that is not for all the airports at all. One way to figure out the arrival gate is knowing the next destination of the plane. For example, Flightaware can show where is the plane you're looking at flying from. But, there is no option to see where the plane is flying to. I tried by looking at the historical data of the plane, to see what is the most likely route they will be flying, but that is very inconsistent.

So, as a workaround, is there a way to find future destinations of a plane? It could be just few hours or a day ahead, not needed to know long terms scheduling. Anyone?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Flight Board app shows the arrival gates for a bunch of airports.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Flight Board app shows the arrival gates for a bunch of airports.
But flightboard is iPhone exclusive.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: QRPC
In case you just want to know the arrival gate of your specific flight, Kayak does a great job. Most of the time I get a push message from Kayak telling me that the Gate has changed minutes before the Gate shows on the screens at the airports. Also lets you know of delays.
It doesn't show you an overview of all the flights on a specific airport though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.