FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
Print Wikipost

Flightplan: How to search a year of award inventory [no longer maintained]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
I'd like to ask whats the best way to import data... or to pull old data that i've saved from say yesterday (I use mac and couldnt get to redirect the directory where i saved the whole thing)
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:42 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by kaka
I'd like to ask whats the best way to import data... or to pull old data that i've saved from say yesterday (I use mac and couldnt get to redirect the directory where i saved the whole thing)
I'm not sure whether same for mac, but it's the "data" folder inside the folder you ran the command line in (data, bin and config).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
try going to macbookair/flightplan. you'll find config, data and db files.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:50 pm

i tried to run flightplan server and i got this:
Opening database...
Running web server on port: 5000
Success!

Then nothing happens after that. Before this i was able to run flightplan client but i encountered some error 500.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by abielp
i tried to run flightplan server and i got this:
Opening database...
Running web server on port: 5000
Success!

Then nothing happens after that. Before this i was able to run flightplan client but i encountered some error 500.
You need two command prompts:
One to run flightplan server
And one to run flightplan client before you point your browser to localhost:3000
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
You need two command prompts:
One to run flightplan server
And one to run flightplan client before you point your browser to localhost:3000
That works! Thanks.

Btw, can we run multiple cabin on 1 search?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Run "flightplan import" You give it another flightplan directory (which should have both "data" and "db" subdirectories) and it will import into the "data" and "db" of whatever directory you ran the command from. So, something like:

cd c:\new-flightplan
flightplan import --directory c:\old-flightplan

This will copy all the data from old-flightplan to new-flightplan (merge them together). You may have duplicates afterwards (which won't affect your search results, but may make the database bigger than necessary), you can run flightplan cleanup to look for and get rid of redundant data.

Originally Posted by percysmith
I'm not sure whether same for mac, but it's the "data" folder inside the folder you ran the command line in (data, bin and config).
You have to be sure to get both what's inside "data" and "db". The "data" directory is just the raw HTML and screenshots, without the information inside "db" flightplan won't know what those HTML files represent.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

That works! Thanks.

Btw, can we run multiple cabin on 1 search?
Not really. I'm not aware of any airline websites that let you choose multiple cabins (it's usually just a drop-down selector of First, Business, etc...). There's some websites (I think AC) that have "First/Business" or "Prem Econ/Econ" as options, so if you say "-c first" or "-c business" it will map to same option.

I just run consecutive searches, to get multiple cabins. For example:

node bin/cli-search.js -w SQ -f SIN -t HKG -c first -s 2018-08-01 -e 2018-09-01 -q 1 -h && node bin/cli-search.js -w SQ -f SIN -t HKG -c business -s 2018-08-01 -e 2018-09-01 -q 1
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by jd20
Not really. I'm not aware of any airline websites that let you choose multiple cabins (it's usually just a drop-down selector of First, Business, etc...). There's some websites (I think AC) that have "First/Business" or "Prem Econ/Econ" as options, so if you say "-c first" or "-c business" it will map to same option.

I just run consecutive searches, to get multiple cabins. For example:

node bin/cli-search.js -w SQ -f SIN -t HKG -c first -s 2018-08-01 -e 2018-09-01 -q 1 -h && node bin/cli-search.js -w SQ -f SIN -t HKG -c business -s 2018-08-01 -e 2018-09-01 -q 1
I see. Thats a neat trick.

Last question, i got data from my search but i was not able to see them on the client website.

Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Last question, i got data from my search but i was not able to see them on the client website.
I think it's doing the right thing... when you run "flightplan stats", it's reporting how many routes you've searched (broken down by cabin and quantity).

But for each of those days you searched, there might've been no awards available (or multiple awards). Those light-blue squares are days you ran searches for, but there was no award availability. And the bottom section under the search form, is also telling you it found zero awards.

I'd take a look at the screenshots in your "data" directory for those days you searched, those should confirm that the AM website responded with no available awards. (And remember that flightplan currently ignores partner awards!) If you see actual awards available for one of those dates, on CX metal, please post the screenshot and I'll investigate further. Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:11 pm

Upon checking the screenshot, i saw this one:
Spoiler

Went a little bit further on the screenshots and found several J and Economy standard seats

Last edited by abielp; Jul 12, 2018 at 8:14 pm Reason: additional info
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Upon checking the screenshot, i saw this one:
Ok, probably a bug somewhere in the parser then. Was that search for business or first, btw? I'll try and take a look tonight or tomorrow.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by jd20
Ok, probably a bug somewhere in the parser then. Was that search for business or first, btw? I'll try and take a look tonight or tomorrow.
Searched 3 times: economy, prem econ and business using the same route (MNL-KIX) and dates (2018-11-29 to 2018-11-23).

is there a way to see the available awards on cli?

Last edited by abielp; Jul 12, 2018 at 8:29 pm Reason: additional question
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:29 pm

reporting again:
i did a quick search using the sample SFO-HKG route and queried directly from the db. it looks like a problem with the parsing?

Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:19 pm

Does Flightplan show AM Choice awards?

I have not fully RTFM for Flightplan so apologies if it's there: is Flightplan incapable of showing Choice awards or is it simply N/A for my search parameters? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.