Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

A guide to trip planner apps (includes a features comparison table)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Hi there!

We recently compiled our top 6 picks in a short guide + comparison table by features. There is also a short description, app store ratings, pro plan availability and screenshots. In other words, all the info you need to decide

Here’s a sneak peek:

As a disclaimer, I must state I work at Sam. But I hope this guide is useful to you regardless of whether you travel with us or not. After all, it all depends on individual needs. What is a “good” travel app for one traveler can be less of a good one for another.

You can check it on the website: Your guide to Travel Apps [+ our top 6 picks
]

And of course, we are always looking for feedback, so if you have any other app you would like to see in the list don't hesitate to tell us
Cheers!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ksenia Klykova
As a disclaimer, I must state I work at Sam.
Yes, you must. Because those are the rules of Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by Ksenia Klykova
You can check it on the website: Your guide to Travel Apps [+ our top 6 picks
]
Seems you're a little less forthcoming there about the relationship (yes, if you scroll right to the bottom and look at the small print on the right-hand side you'll see a barely readable "Brought to you by Sam", so it is there...)

Also when listing ratings on the various app stores it's a good idea to include the number of reviews. 4.5/5 on Google Play for Sam might be less than TripCase's 4.3, but one has over 17 thousand reviews, whilst the other has 26 which changes the impact of those scores a little (plus Sam is down to 4.2 now - I guess the 4.5 was when it only had 24 votes!?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.