Search

OTAs that really show the fare conditions and/or classes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
OTAs that really show the fare conditions and/or classes

Hi people,

I'm looking for some OTAs, excluding Expedia and Orbitz, that really show the fare conditions or even just the class. Every time that I find a nice fare, I need to search in 10, 15 different OTAs to find that fare and class and, sometimes, I need to fill the forms with fake data because they just show me these informations on the payment page.

Preference to European OTAs but, never discarting US/CA.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Have you tried ExpertFlyer.com? It's a subscription service, not an OTA, but you'll get all the fare classes, routing rules, fare rules & conditions, and fares for flights without doing dummy bookings - plus more.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
EF won't necessarily help because OTA's routinely sell multiple tickets into a single PNR or consolidator tickets. Neither of these are "bad" but they make figuring out fare rules difficult and also can give false confidence that you are connecting when you are not.

If you have a question and it is not self-evident, call the OTA directly and ask.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
I already use the EF and that's my problem. When I find a good deal, I never find the class that I need/like.

For example: on this week I was looking for a flight between GRU-AMS using Aeromexico (they have this route). The ticket on E class just give me 5K miles on DL, instead the Q class give me 10K for $150 more. I found the flight but I round around a lot of OTA's and no one give me the same class, even with free seats on EF.

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by pmichelazzo
I already use the EF and that's my problem. When I find a good deal, I never find the class that I need/like.

For example: on this week I was looking for a flight between GRU-AMS using Aeromexico (they have this route). The ticket on E class just give me 5K miles on DL, instead the Q class give me 10K for $150 more. I found the flight but I round around a lot of OTA's and no one give me the same class, even with free seats on EF.

Thanks
Book with an offline TA then instead and pay then extra sevice fee which is worth the hassle and time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.