Wiki Posts
Search

GDS Synchronization of E-tickets Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileageplus
GDS Synchronization of E-tickets Question

I have a general question driven by recent difficulty using an eticket.

The eticket was issued by SABRE using a travel agency. It was initially ticketed on June 14th and exchanged one time on Jul 20th. No other changes were ever made on the itinerary and there were no schedule changes either.

The 1st coupon departure date was Aug 15th.

The itinerary consisted of 8 flights over 5 airlines: ANA, Singapore, Emirates, Swiss and United all on the same eticket.

The ticket was on UA ticket stock (016).

There were no problems with the first flights which were on ANA.

With Singapore & Emirates I had an issue each time at check-in where each airline's agent said the exchange ticket was not in sync with the itinerary.

I called Swiss ahead of departing on that carrier to be sure the same situation would not happen when checking in with them. The phone agent said the exchange ticket looked fine.

At check-in with Swiss, I had the same problem. The agent said the exchange ticket was not in sync with the itinerary.

My question is this:

When a ticket is validated on United, does UA (i.e SHARES) control the entire electronic transmission or is it controlled through SABRE, the GDS that generated the ticket or is it some other system out there that controls this? Mind you, I know each carrier uses a different system from Amadeus, to SHARES to Worldspan(EK?) and Singapore must use a separate system.

Any clues on what may have happened on this or is it just a one-off situation? Or is it a SHARES issue or a SABRE issue?

I cannot find any literature on how eticketing is set up over multiple res systems.

Thanks for any and all input on this.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting question - I'm going to move it to Travel Tools, where people knowledgeable on SABRE and those kinds of things hang out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.