Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Launch a new last minute upgrading program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Talking Launch a new last minute upgrading program

Hi all, we are launching a new last minute upgrading program before the end of this year.
Our website will be called Yoopgrade and we are launching our apps before the end of September.

Firstly we'll work only in Europe, but we plan to make our app working with all airline company all over the world.

Our apps will help airline company to monetize empty business seat with discounted price rather than giving them or leave the seat empty.

I would like to know if this service may interrest all non frequent flyer ?

thanks all.
alexandre
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Do you have agreements with any airlines?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

We are working on it. We are working curently with one airline company, but more will coming soon
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:45 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but I think most airlines have this decades-old issue solved with internal mechanisms for upgrading their passengers or offering discounted fares...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also a major established competitor that solicits bids for upgrades on behalf of a number of airlines, including some European carriers.

Plus, airlines have amazing data on this which I doubt they would share with some outside firm that might also work with competing carriers.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:05 am
Original Poster

we know Plusgrade which currently works with major airlines company but our approach is quite different. We ll sell empty seats when all sell mechanism won't be able to sell these seats up 3 hours before departure
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:47 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the Travel Tools forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Here's a link to the website:
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:38 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Wow, that website is so bad, I would suggest to OP to remove it and put up a teaser website with little on it, rather than let people happen onto that buggy/poorly translated site and have it influence their perception of the company...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.