Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

I'd appreciate feedback on our pre-reservation travel itinerary building site.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

We've built Trip30 to meet the needs of people who love planning travel and want a way to create an itinerary prior to having booked reservations (although if and when you do make reservations, you can update your itinerary, accordingly). We recently launched our initial version, which is the backbone upon which we'll be adding many additional features.

I'd very much appreciate getting your feedback on the usefulness and usability of the site as well as letting me know what features you think we should focus on next.

For now, the site is designed to be used on a desktop/notebook computer, although registered users can access their itineraries on their phones or tablets. Touchscreen support for building and editing itineraries is coming soon.

Some of the unique features include:

A timeline that shows your travel in actual elapsed time, but also manages to keep track of any changes in timezone or DST switches so that everything is represented in the corresponding local time.

The ability to switch back and forth between dated and undated versions of a trip. Add a date to any item in an undated trip and everything else gets dates and times based on their relative positions on the timeline. Click on the Clear Dates icon on a dated trip to switch to Day 1, Day 2 format.

Support for multi-destination travel.

The ability to re-arrange the sequence of destinations, while maintaining their contents (lodging, events, local travel). Just drag the destination to a new position on the timeline.

The ability to add any location in Google's Places database, as well as custom locations (favorite camping site, dive sites, Mom's house) by either knowing the lat/lng or dropping a pin on a map.

Share a link to a read-only version of a trip you're planning. Here's an example of a trip I'm taking over the holidays. I'll be updating it as we're on the trip and decide on unplanned items such as dive locations or restaurants. That makes for a nice archive to look back on.

. . . and a lot of other features you'll discover as you play around with the site.

I hope you'll try it out and either post your thoughts in this thread, PM me, or leave them via the feedback link on the site. Thanks!

Last edited by Trip30; Dec 18, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:57 pm

Are there any sample itineraries that can be viewed?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

You can take a look at the shared read-only version of my upcoming dive trip here. If you open the menu, you can access the itinerary. You also can click on any of the items on the timeline to see their details. Because this is read-only, you can't make any changes. All itineraries built by users are private unless the user chooses to publish a read-only version at this point.

Last edited by Trip30; Dec 18, 2015 at 7:26 pm
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
We have always just used Excel spreadsheets, but what you have there does look interesting, would love having the map.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, Jeannietx. I've heard from a number of our users that they previously used spreadsheets to keep track of their plans. Like you, they've enjoyed seeing their plans come to life on the map with Trip30 and also like how we keep track of time zone changes and the itinerary the system generates as you add or change items. And it's fun to use!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I like the looks of it, and I'll plan to play with it this weekend to load in a somewhat complex (by normal people standards not FT standards) trip we're taking in the Spring. Do you have any way to import an entire itinerary worth of flights at once by uploading an email from the airline or anything like that? I'm think of how with Award Wallet I just forward my itinerary to [email protected] and it adds it to my itineraries in my account.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks, mattp1987. For our initial release, we focused on planners who don't yet have any reservations, so we don't have a reservation import function yet. We do have it on the development schedule, though. For flights you have reserved, make sure you click on the I Know My Actual Flight link. That way, we can, at least, import your flight details based on the flight number/date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.