Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flightstats Website "Update"

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Flightstats Website "Update"

I have always used Flightstats as the website of choice to look at whole-airport arrivals and departures. Useful for when I'm doing casual spotting or just curious about general delays, etc. However, it looks like they have become the latest to succumb to the scourge that is tablet-friendly design. Their new site, aside from only being able to fit about 8 flights on a screen (due to enormous "tablet friendly" fonts and blocks), doesn't seem to show equipment anymore.

Does anyone have a preferred alternative site for showing whole-airport traffic info?

Do web designers really not understand that while, yes, tablets are hip, most people still use COMPUTERS to view the web??? I don't know of any professional who sits at his desk using a tablet for 8+ hours a day...
Old May 19, 2015, 4:40 am

While I don't yet have any good alternatives I too am frustrated by this change as flightstats was very useful to get an idea of when various airlines and types operate particuarly when planning a spotting trip to an unfamiliar airport. Flight Aware displays types but only shows 20 flights on a screen.

Flightstats could at least offer the option of customising the information you see.
Old May 31, 2015, 2:21 pm

If you take the survey that they offer with this "new" format, you'll see what they're *really* after. They want to make all the cool stuff that makes this page useful, like terminal/gate/eqt info (which helps determine the true nature of delayed flights) a part of a *subscription* model. So, go back and take the survey -- and voice your strong opposition to this!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Airline
The flightstats web site used to be very useful. With the recent changes I find it to be not useful. What I need is a way to look at all departures or all arrivals for a specific airport. Also, to limit the search to a specific airline. Is there another web site that will do this ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.