Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Upgrades... is there an app to determine likelihood?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Question Complimentary Upgrades... is there an app to determine likelihood?

I recall seeing someone posting about an app that knows seating capacity and how full a flight is. This would, as I think I read it, help determine if an upgrade is likely.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Its probably as accurate as one predicting the winning lottery numbers
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:45 am

There's a web site for checking seat availability called ExpertFlyer. It's a paid service, ~$8-$10/month. They have an app for setting seat alerts, but that won't give you the information about upgrade space, AFAIK. The website works fine on my iPhone.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:54 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
There's a web site for checking seat availability called ExpertFlyer. It's a paid service, ~$8-$10/month. They have an app for setting seat alerts, but that won't give you the information about upgrade space, AFAIK. The website works fine on my iPhone.
ExpertFlyer has both Seat Alerts, which will alert you to physical seat availability, and Flight Alerts which will alert you to Award and Upgrade availability for supported airlines. More information can be found here: http://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-flyer-programs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.