Wiki Posts
Search

[milez.biz] Centralized Look-Up and Comparison Tool for Flight Award Rates

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SPG
Red face Awsome

Such a great App!

Really love the functionalityand the availability of information- especially transfer info great tool- I will use and use and use. the UI is intuitive- if I had a constructive suggestion for improvement- I would add it....

Home sick on a 3 day weekend and spent the day reading FT, looking at tools and learning, still a newbie (I think, when does that end?) I so love it here.

I have enjoyed my day, reading, learning and seeing all the great work. I am blown away by the innovation, creativity and exchange of ideas.

Happy Memorial day.
:-:
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:48 am
Company Representative - Milez.biz
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles & More, Flying Blue
We've just added quite a bit of new data to our database so that your calculations and comparisons are even more comprehensive:

- S7 Priority: Both the Optimum and the Priority rates are now included in our database. Try the following route for an example:
St.Petersburg - Novosibirsk

- JAL Mileage Bank: The domestic and international rates have been updated with JALCARD and the Discount redemption options.
E.g. Tokyo (Haneda) - Seoul

- BMI Diamond Club has been re-actived, minus the Star Alliance destinations.

- Saudia's Alfursan frequent flyer program has been added to the calculator, including its SkyTeam rates. Saudia has many domestic routes in Saudi Arabia: Riyadh - Dammam

- SriLankan Airlines FlySmiles frequent flyer program is also new on the system.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Hi jobu2,

Hehe, thanks for your message. I am glad you like the tool, we kept it is as simple as possible so that it would be intuitive while at the same time still useful.

ph
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

More data in the miles calculator

We've updated our data again. Two new programs have been added to the calculator, we have a total of 62 programs in the system now.

- Mabuhay Miles the frequent flyer program from Philippine Airlines has been added. A lot of domestic Filipino routes are available, e.g. Manila - Cebu

- Vietnam Airlines frequent flyer program is called Golden Lotus Plus, this adds many domestic Vietnamese routes to the system, for example Ho Chi Minh - Hanoi
We will add the SkyTeam rates for Vietnamese Airlines as soon as we can find a comprehensive country list for the redemption zones.

- All the rates for Star Alliance's recent new member LifeMiles (Avianca/TACA) have been included in the calculator as well. This adds many new Latin American routes to the Star Alliance calculations, try San Jose - Tokyo

- Many new automated transfer calculations have been added as well, amongst others with AmEx India and AmEx Hong Kong
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

oneworld rates added

We have finally added some more oneworld rates to the calculator, airberlin topbonus and Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles oneworld redemption rates have been added to the calculator. In both of those cases oneworld rates apply only for itineraries involving multiple oneworld carriers. E.g. SCL - DME

We have also added the topbonus partner rates, which include some non-oneworld airlines as well. These rates are only valid in a single carrier scenario. For example: Abu Dhabi - London

Two more Star Alliance programs have also been added: Royal Thai Orchid and TAP Victoria. TAP has only 7 seven global zones which makes for some very large zones, e.g. all of Latin America (South and Central) or all of Asia.

Delta SkyMiles rates have been update with the recent changes.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

New programs added to calculator

Our latest data update includes the following new frequent flyer programs:
  • Oman Air Sindbad Miles have been added to the calculator. Most flights lead through the Oman Air hub in Muscat. Some low season rates are quite attractive for flights from Europe to Asia, e.g. Frankfurt to Bangkok.
  • Air Mauritius Kestrelflyer is also new in the system, try e.g. Johannesburg - Mauritius.
  • The rates for Saga Club from Icelandair can be queried on the system. The Saga Club rates include domestic flights with Air Iceland, for example Reykjavik - Akureyri.
  • Redemption rates for Royal Air Brunei Royal Miles are included, most flights lead through the Royal Air Brunei hub in Darussalam. Try for example Shanghai - Brunei Darussalam.

We have also added Iberia Plus' oneworld rates in the calculator, which now brings to five the number of oneworld programs we have in the system. Iberia Plus' oneworld rates do not include British Airways flights as those flights use a different rates table. For an example of oneworld rates try Santiago to Paris.

Finally, we are also starting to collect intel on the taxes and surcharges that need to be paid in the different programs. It's impossible to calculate exact amounts that will be charged for the award flights but we try to give an overview per program in order to give the traveler some general guidance.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Compare Old and New United Rates

United Mileage Plus is about to make some radical changes to its redemption rates. As has been well published by now, the majority of rates are being increased; the new rates come into effect on February 2, 2014.

The milez.biz calculator has both the old and the new rates currently available on its system. You can therefore compare the two directly; both old and new rates are listed side by side and labelled accordingly. Simply type in the destinations that you are interested in and select the United program(s) in the drop down to see by how much rates are changing.

The changes impact both the standard United rates as well as the Star Alliance partner rates. Rates within North America remain largely the same, but other than that members will likely have to spend more miles to get to their destinations, especially for business and first class rates

Try the following as an example:
http://www.milez.biz/en/list_rates.p...x&t=bkk&ffp=25 (LA to Bangkok on Star Alliance miles)
http://www.milez.biz/en/list_rates.p...&t=lhr&ffp=147 (Chicago to London on regular United miles)
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
On an ipad at least, after entering points of travel from and to, the program, and submitting, the points of travel and program are erased. This makes it tedious to find the optimal program for redeeming miles.

Otherwise, this seems like a great tool.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Hi mre5765

Thanks for your feedback. I just tried it on the ipad.

For the destinations you can just type in the 3-letter IATA code, that's all the code needs (you don't need to select from the auto-complete destination dropdown).

But for the programs, if you want to filter by program you need to select at least one for it to work. But you can also just leave it blank, which will give you the results of all programs.

Rgds
ph
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:18 am
Original Poster

New Delta Rates Added to Calculator

After adding the United rate hike to our calculator, we have now also added the new Delta SkyMiles rates. Some of these rates come into effect on Feb 1 and the rest on June 1. For ease of comparison all rates are listed on the results page.

See for example, Boston to Cairo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.