Search

American Express Tripit Pro Travel App

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: American 1 Million + Miles, Hilton HHonors Diamond, RCCL Diamond Plus
American Express Tripit Pro Travel App

Why is it taking American Express so long to come out with a free upgrade to Tripit Pro for Android?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:29 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Travel Technology Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:10 pm

I read about this benefit but didn't understand what my AmEx Platinum offered that I couldn't get without my Platinum?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
SO wait. If you have AMex you can get a free upgrade to Tripit Pro? More details please.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by njxbean
SO wait. If you have AMex you can get a free upgrade to Tripit Pro? More details please.
It has been a while, but I seem to recall it was pretty much:

1) Install the AMEX travel app on your iPhone
2) Log in with your AMEX username/password
3) Link to Tripit in the app
4) Profit

I believe the upgrade to Pro was only for Platinum/Centurian cardholders.

Last edited by noam; Jan 29, 2011 at 10:34 am
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: American 1 Million + Miles, Hilton HHonors Diamond, RCCL Diamond Plus
Unhappy

Originally Posted by noam
It has been a while, but I seem to recall it was pretty much:

1) Install the AMEX travel app on your iPhone
2) Log in with your AMEX username/password
3) Link to Tripit in the app
4) Profit

I believe the upgrade to Pro was only for Platinum/Centurian cardholders.
Yes that is correct for Platinum/Centurian Card Holders, only on Iphone or Blackberry, not Android. Tripit customer service has been worthless up to this point. Am Ex keeps saying maybe done the road for Android.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:31 am

Well, it doesn't seem to work for me. It keeps saying "Our system is not responding." when I try to log in. I've called tech support and they've helped me over the course of a week, and finally, they said they'd call me when they found a fix. It's been 2 weeks. There are definitely some bugs with getting their app to talk to the Amex systems, so it's not just Android users who have been locked out of this feature.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:34 am

I'm AMEX Plat. I was able to install the AMEX app via Blackberry App World and, once I logged into my American Express Account using my Amex Login and Pwd, was offered TripIt Pro. I accepted and was asked for my TripIt.com login details. Provided them.

Logging into the TripIt.com web site, I am not noted as a "Pro" member. I guess I'm happy about that. None of the features seem super helpful to me. But, we shall see.

FWIW - The Amex application doesn't seem to be the greatest app ever. In my quick browse, it seems to be a dup of TripIt (e.g. listing and accessing your itineraries in a TripIt style list, view) and a couple of tools such as a currency converter. OK, maybe important. But, I've been able to travel globally and get by w/o the Amex App for a long time. Plus the app has very very very limited preferences on the BB - such as missing the ability to change the font size - that make it less than useful for me.

ETA - Less than a day after installing the app, I removed it from my BB. However, I am still listed on TripIt as a "pro" member.

Last edited by jsnydcsa; Feb 2, 2011 at 8:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.