Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking Frequent Flyer Miles Online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Tracking Frequent Flyer Miles Online

I have been tracking my trips simply by tracking my miles (Since why would I get on a plane without earning miles) on my PC.

Is there a handy website I can use that willd o this automatically?

Is there one with a SmartPhone client/ (ok this is not critical)?

Is there one that would let me entery hisotirical data myself (I assume it would only be able to download what is on the airlines' sites which probably only goes back 6 months or so).

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, VX Elevate, Starwood
I am actually looking into building such a site! I have posted some specifics over in another thread, please take a look and post your idea.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...w-app-ffs.html
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
www.Pageonce.com Simply superb.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Pageonce is great. I use it. But what I am looking for is a way to track historical data from past trips. It may sound a bit eccentric but I want to be able to store data from the past 10 years. A desktop app if one exists is preferred.

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2010, 7:50 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Don't know if Yapta.com can do that. I quit using them when United quit giving vouchers for fare drops.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by AArlington
Pageonce is great. I use it. But what I am looking for is a way to track historical data from past trips. It may sound a bit eccentric but I want to be able to store data from the past 10 years. A desktop app if one exists is preferred.

Thanks
I agree, such an app is exactly what I have been looking for as well. A desktop app for the Mac, iPhone?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Platinum
www.flightmemory.com might be what you're looking for, although it's not a desktop app.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you want to keep a history of the individual trips I'd recommend www.openflights.org or www.flightmemory.com. Both are online, not local computer based, and they each have their own quirks, but they are both pretty good at tracking the basics of your travels and the details of the trips and segments.

TripIt can also do this, telling you how many files you've flown and where you've been but only for itineraries that were imported into the tool. I'm not sure about putting in historical data (I've never seen a reason to bother trying) and the miles reported will not really be search/sort/filterable. You just get a lump sum total from your entire history with the tool. Not particularly useful, especially compared to the above two.

If you want to keep track of your points on a flight-by-flight basis I'm not familiar with any specific tools that do that, online or off. I used to keep spreadsheets and such but eventually I found that I was happier with the above tools.

If you want to track your points in various programs then you're probably looking for something like GoMiles, AwardWallet, etc. Plenty of pros/cons from each of them. I like GoMiles a lot - enough that I'm now working with the guys there to make the product even better - but I can certainly understand the appeal of some of the other products.

If you need a referral code for GoMiles you can use ARAMEAN-FRIENDS to get an account. I do not profit in any way from the use of said code.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I use Google docs spreadsheets.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
yodlee.com will track your miles, hotel points and rental car awards in addition to your financial accounts.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Silver
I use TripIt to both track trips and FF/hotel/rental car accounts -- but the account tracking is only available in the Pro account. (It's totally worth it, in my opinion.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.