Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:24 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Super Cheap Holiday MCO Rate

Hi folks. Just came across a super cheap rate for a rental with Dollar or Thrifty between Xmas and New Year.

The link above prices a rental between 12/25-12/31 and the total is $156.40 total including all taxes and fees for an economy car. This is *way* cheaper than it normally is (just look at what the other companies are charging).

Click here to see rates

This rate may be a mistake, so I don't expect it to last long. Grab it while you can.

Note that once you hit the results page, you can click on the link to "Change your search" to your own dates/times. Lots of other options in and around that week price out to similarly lower than normal levels.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Hi folks. Just came across a super cheap rate for a rental with Dollar or Thrifty between Xmas and New Year.

The link above prices a rental between 12/25-12/31 and the total is $156.40 total including all taxes and fees for an economy car. This is *way* cheaper than it normally is (just look at what the other companies are charging).

Click here to see rates

This rate may be a mistake, so I don't expect it to last long. Grab it while you can.

Note that once you hit the results page, you can click on the link to "Change your search" to your own dates/times. Lots of other options in and around that week price out to similarly lower than normal levels.
I was curious what week.. and it was MCO..

Thanks for the help on my LAX minivan rental..

We did MCO last year Christmas.. 3 week rental.. I guess the prices would be different on 3 week rental.. because I didn't remember my Alamo rental to be over $1,500.. it was $930 tax in for 3 weeks including Xmas week..

A possibility for us going down again to MCO this Christmas again.. we'll have to see..
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
A possibility for us going down again to MCO this Christmas again.. we'll have to see..
Book the car rental now, then, since you can always cancel it later. You never know when this rate will disappear!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jackal
Book the car rental now, then, since you can always cancel it later. You never know when this rate will disappear!
Van rental right now is almost double what we paid last year.. and 1 week as opposed to 3 weeks last year..
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:39 am

Super Deal -- ORD/MDW Rentals from $62/week!

Amazing deal with Advantage in Chicago through AutoSlash today! Cars from Advantage as low as $62/week including all taxes and fees.

Availability seems to be from 7/24 through the end of August. Rent for up to 28 days to get this super low rate. A 28-day rental is only $250 total!

This rate will not last, so book while you can. Click here to reserve your car now at the discounted rate. Just click the Change your search link at the top of the page to change your dates or airport location (ORD or MDW).

Happy renting!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 1:43 pm

Louisville (SDF) available for same rate

Looks like basically the same deal is available in Louisville (SDF) as well!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:55 pm

Weekly rentals in MKE for $61 all-in

Also now seeing weekly rentals available in MKE for $61.09 per week including all taxes and fees with Advantage, in addition to the aforementioned deals in ORD, MDW and SDF.

For those of you not aware, Advantage is owned by Hertz. While it's Hertz's value brand, it's a quality company backed by Hertz's resources and the basic car fleet is the same.

Guessing that these deals are going to disappear tomorrow, so grab it now while you still can. Click here to book, and just click on the link to Change your search to find dates/times that work for you.

Pick up any Thu-Sun and rent for as little as 1-day or as much as $28. A 1-day rental is less than $10 and a month long rental is $240.62. That's less than you can lease a car for!

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jul 10, 2011 at 8:00 pm
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: United 1K Hilton Gold
One crazy suggestion for Autoslash....

Rainy day feature:

Allow users to book the cheapest compact car and a concurrent reservation for a convertible at the same time. Automatically check the weather 24 hours before the travel, and if it's sunny, cancel the compact, and if it's cold/rainy cancel the convertible.

Yes, a frivilous idea but something I often do!

It's an awesome site.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by DarF2001
Rainy day feature:

Allow users to book the cheapest compact car and a concurrent reservation for a convertible at the same time. Automatically check the weather 24 hours before the travel, and if it's sunny, cancel the compact, and if it's cold/rainy cancel the convertible.

Yes, a frivilous idea but something I often do!

It's an awesome site.
Ha, love the idea. We'll have to add it to our wishlist!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Will be at LAX with my AutoSlash reservation in a couple of days.... Budget I think..

Hopefully.. everything will run smoothly..

Will report back..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Will be at LAX with my AutoSlash reservation in a couple of days.... Budget I think..

Hopefully.. everything will run smoothly..

Will report back..
Best of luck with the rental and all managing the family luggage. Better check your confirmation though as I don't think you're booked with Budget.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:56 am
Suspended

Best of luck with the rental and all managing the family luggage. Better check your confirmation though as I don't think you're booked with Budget.
Thanks for the clarification.. It's Dollar Rent a Car..

I haven't used Dollar for over 10 years.. Its usually Alamo, a few time Budget.. This will be interesting having made a res through AutoSlash..

I'll be finalizing Spring Break HNL, OGG and I think BI.. will definitely use AutoSlash as part of the process..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:44 pm

I really like the design on the website. Much better than the normal boring ones..

Do you think you will have a "special" deal during the Thanksgiving week at LAS?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by rollafan
I really like the design on the website. Much better than the normal boring ones..

Do you think you will have a "special" deal during the Thanksgiving week at LAS?
Thanks for the ^ on the design.

The absolute best way to get a great deal is to book as early as possible. Think about it this way...

Over the course of the next few months, rates may fluctuate between $100-$300 for a particular hypothetical rental. If you book today, when the rate drops to $100, then we automatically re-book you at that rate. Some folks get re-booked 6,7,8,..? times over over the course of a few months.

The guy who booked today for Thanksgiving essentially has 120 days of opportunities for price drops. The guy who books 11/1 for a Thanksgiving rental has only 24 days of opportunities for price drops.

While it's possible the rate could hit its low point between 11/1 and 11/24, and both people could end up with the same rate, I can tell you from experience that the guy who booked today is infinitely more likely to get a better deal.

Bottom line is that you should reserve with AutoSlash as soon as you even think you may possibly need a rental--even if you don't have your times set. After all, reservations are free, and you can change or cancel at any time, so there really is no downside.

The early bird gets the worm...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the ^ on the design.

The absolute best way to get a great deal is to book as early as possible. Think about it this way...

Over the course of the next few months, rates may fluctuate between $100-$300 for a particular hypothetical rental. If you book today, when the rate drops to $100, then we automatically re-book you at that rate. Some folks get re-booked 6,7,8,..? times over over the course of a few months.

The guy who booked today for Thanksgiving essentially has 120 days of opportunities for price drops. The guy who books 11/1 for a Thanksgiving rental has only 24 days of opportunities for price drops.

While it's possible the rate could hit its low point between 11/1 and 11/24, and both people could end up with the same rate, I can tell you from experience that the guy who booked today is infinitely more likely to get a better deal.

Bottom line is that you should reserve with AutoSlash as soon as you even think you may possibly need a rental--even if you don't have your times set. After all, reservations are free, and you can change or cancel at any time, so there really is no downside.

The early bird gets the worm...
A bit of feedback on the website.. I had a difficult time trying to find a link to my reservation..

I had to go back to my e-mail and click on the link there because I couldn't find where to go on the website for my reservation.. Other than that.. looks almost too simple to use, which isn't at all bad..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.