Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...just for the day?!?
Well, ok, so most days, but really, it gets boring if the same person wins every day. Why not take a day off occasionally, so someone else can win that award? Unless you'd prefer to just be crowned as Supreme Ruler of Puns.
Originally Posted by sc flier
Point taken...
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by kipper
Supreme Ruler of Puns.
I believe that the honor is Supreme Ruler of Bad Puns. You might get your knuckles rapped for encouraging more competition.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by sc flier
You might get your knuckles rapped for encouraging more competition.
...and if there were more competition, a need would arise for an AutoSlash.com equivalent for puns.

How is that for steering this thread back on topic instead of monkeying around?

Anyway, as they already know, I wish all of those who created and developed AutoSlash.com all of the best and lots of success!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 2:45 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Post Bloggers Wanted

AutoSlash is looking for people knowledgeable about car rentals who are interested in helping to write articles for our blog. We have a list of topic ideas that we can explore with interested individuals to see what falls within your area of interest/expertise. We're open to ideas that others bring to the table as well.

No experience is necessary, but we are looking for people with good communication skills. Clear and conise FT posts are certainly a good start. We have good editors, so writing a fully polished piece is less important than creating content that is interesting to our audience and well researched.

This is not volunteer work. Compensation is negotiable. Take a look at our blog for examples of what we cover, and PM me if interested in talking further.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baseline
This is not volunteer work. Compensation is negotiable. Take a look at our blog for examples of what we cover, and PM me if interested in talking further.
You have a PM
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:38 pm

Thumbs up Super Hertz JFK Weekend Deal

Just stumbled into a super Hertz deal at JFK. I think this is a fat finger rate, and probably won't last long, but grab it while you can. Here's the deets:

Seems to work for 4/21-4/24 and 4/28-5/1 (the next two weekends). Other dates may be available. Good for pickup and dropoff at JFK or a pickup at JFK and dropoff at another location. I tried some Manhattan dropoffs and they worked just fine. Stackable with coupons too. Economy thru Fullsize rates are dirt cheap.

UPDATE: This rate is now gone. It lasted around 12 hours. Congrats to all those who got in on it.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Apr 17, 2011 at 10:47 am
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:13 am
Suspended

Just stumbled into a super Hertz deal at JFK. I think this is a fat finger rate, and probably won't last long, but grab it while you can. Here's the deets:

Seems to work from 4/28-5/1. Good for pickup and dropoff at JFK or a pickup at JFK and dropoff at another location. I tried some Manhattan dropoffs and they worked just fine. Stackable with coupons too. Economy thru Fullsize rates are dirt cheap.

Click here to get a rate of $7.91 *total* for a Thu-Sun rental of a compact car. You can play with the dates and dropoff location to suit your needs. Hopefully some folks will get use out of it before it disappears!

UPDATE: Also seem to work next weekend--4/21 - 4/24 as well.
This is awesome. Autoslash is prepopulated with a coupon to get the rate. What is the coupon? Is it just a "rent 3 days, get $30 off" coupon? And, I assume it is an electronic coupon?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Seems to work from 4/28-5/1. Good for pickup and dropoff at JFK or a pickup at JFK and dropoff at another location. I tried some Manhattan dropoffs and they worked just fine. Stackable with coupons too. Economy thru Fullsize rates are dirt cheap.

Click here to get a rate of $7.91 *total* for a Thu-Sun rental of a compact car. You can play with the dates and dropoff location to suit your needs. Hopefully some folks will get use out of it before it disappears!

UPDATE: Also seem to work next weekend--4/21 - 4/24 as well.
Works out cheaper than a taxi or even a bus from JFK to Manhattan. Might even be in the same range as or cheaper than taking the AirTrain in conjunction with MTA public transit.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
This is awesome. Autoslash is prepopulated with a coupon to get the rate. What is the coupon? Is it just a "rent 3 days, get $30 off" coupon? And, I assume it is an electronic coupon?
Yes, it's an e-coupon. It gives $10/day off up to $30.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Works out cheaper than a taxi or even a bus from JFK to Manhattan. Might even be in the same range as or cheaper than taking the AirTrain in conjunction with MTA public transit.
It is cheaper. A 1-day rental from JFK to NYC comes to a total of only $2.63!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It is cheaper. A 1-day rental from JFK to NYC comes to a total of only $2.63!
From "wow" to double "wow!".
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:27 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Yes, it's an e-coupon. It gives $10/day off up to $30.
Is it possible on autoslash to have all the CDP and PC numbers entered once in your acct and then use that info to hunt for prices? Much like awardwallet, but a autorentalcouponwallet?
I have to go find the CDP codes that come in the mail and then look for the PC codes etc etc for each company.
Can one's account have spaces for more than one CDP code?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ffI
Is it possible on autoslash to have all the CDP and PC numbers entered once in your acct and then use that info to hunt for prices? Much like awardwallet, but a autorentalcouponwallet?
I have to go find the CDP codes that come in the mail and then look for the PC codes etc etc for each company.
Can one's account have spaces for more than one CDP code?
Yes, this is definitely the plan. Eventually we'll be moving to user profiles where you will be able to store your frequent renter ID's, CDP and PC codes and they will be applied automatically. There is a significant amount of work there though, so I don't have an ETA right now. It's coming eventually though.
Old May 28, 2011, 4:17 pm

Thumbs up Weekend New Orleans Rentals for $15.50 total!

Just came across this great deal for weekend rentals in New Orleans with Hertz for $15.50 total including tax. Seems to work for the weekend of 6/17 and the weekend of 6/24. After clicking through, you can change the dates and times to suit your needs.

The best part is that this deal is available for *ANY* car type from economy right up to Luxury, any SUV or Minivan. Who else but AutoSlash is gonna put you in a Luxury car for less than $8/day?!?

Please share with anyone living in or traveling to the Big Easy!

Last edited by AutoSlash; May 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm
Old May 30, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Just came across this great deal for weekend rentals in New Orleans with Hertz for $15.50 total including tax. Seems to work for the weekend of 6/17 and the weekend of 6/24. After clicking through, you can change the dates and times to suit your needs.

The best part is that this deal is available for *ANY* car type from economy right up to Luxury, any SUV or Minivan. Who else but AutoSlash is gonna put you in a Luxury car for less than $8/day?!?

Please share with anyone living in or traveling to the Big Easy!
These $5/day rental deals are still available in MSY on many car types. I suspect as soon as someone comes to work tomorrow morning after their holiday weekend, this deal is gonna be history, so get it while you can.

Weekend of 6/17 / Weekend of 6/24

Modify the dates/times to suit your needs. Also works into mid-week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.