Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

How many times a day do you log-in to check your mileage balances?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many times a day do you log-in to check your mileage balances?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
No more than once per week.

Mike
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:00 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I have a Excel file with all my air and hotel accounts as well as Mrs. Outoftown's info. When I was traveling, I would reconcile the boarding passes to make sure the miles were deposited, so I checked every weekend. Now that I'm not traveling, I check monthly to update the expiration dates to ensure nothing expires. It was interesting to see the NW miles added to my DL miles this week.
-outoftown
Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Every day or two until so most of my airlines quit updating on MileTracker. Now it's too much trouble to check all the accounts of all the family members.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I use Fidelity.com "Full View"
Fidelity's FullView is a co-branded version of Yodlee MoneyCenter. For those who are not Fidelity members, you can get the same thing from Yodlee directly; it's also available co-branded through a number of other institutions (e.g. Bank of America MyPortfolio).

I use Yodlee, as well... it's my one-stop-shop for financial and rewards tracking. Once a day, every day.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:30 pm

Once a week at least
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
I usually check the major miles and points accounts daily; the others, and those on behalf of family members, I check 1-2 times a week. I am usually checking for promotional or shopping miles to be awarded. I have had to start keep a record of those, with approx. posting dates, to remind me to check and then to claim if they don't appear.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K , Delta Gold
2-3 times
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Always when the credit cards statements start to appear towards the end of the month.
Also, when I'm looking for a bonus that others on FT have posted is starting to show up.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Only when I have flights and definitely a few times during credit card statement closing date to check the bonus miles from MP Visa.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
1. Daily when I am flying alot
2. Monthly when I am not flying

Originally Posted by AA_CPA
Just wondering if others are addicted to logging into their mileage summaries multiple times a day to check postings, DiningRewards, etc.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:38 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i use a spreadsheet to track my miles (current & projected) so.....

if outstanding flight/car/hotel miles: daily
if outstanding promo miles (i.e. deqm): daily if within the promo posting period

other than that weekly (and usually saturdays as things like safeway grocery miles generally post on friday evenings)
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I tend to log in every day when I have flights coming up, in the never-ending quest to optimize my seat assignment. I see the miles at the same time I'm doing this.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, PC
I check it every day if I'm waiting specifically for something to post (Tom Thumb miles, RN dines, etc), otherwise about once a week or so to see if anything I may have overlooked to fall in. I usually have a pretty good idea of what my balance should be, though.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:46 pm

I am the person in charge of several accounts for my family, those I check once or twice a month.

True confession, My own, is checked much more often, it seems I am always waiting for points and having to contact customer service for missing miles, so it can be as often two or three times a day to every few days, but that depends on what points and accounts and how impatient I am feeling
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:27 pm

0 I know what I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.