Search

New iPod leaked?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
New iPod leaked?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/05/i...eal-spy-photo/

I know these leaked photos come out of the woodwork each and every time an announcement is made, but what do you think of this? Elaborate fake or real?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I don't see how that would be an improvement over the last version.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:19 pm

it's highly likely to be real. not only is it consistent with other leaks, but 4th generation nano cases have already been found in stores.

http://mac.feber.se/art/71473/nrbild...nano_4gfodral/
http://www.xskn.com/default.aspx?m=P...d=287&cid=2746
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20...showimage.html
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...ions-revealed/
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redbeard911
I don't see how that would be an improvement over the last version.
Bigger screen. Will prolly have more memory. Might be a bit thinner as well.

Reverting to the 2G nano form factor means it's waaaay easier to slip in your pocket.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this leaked image is nothing like the real thing will be. For some reason, I can't help think that it is all a big hoax, and that the people behind it will reveal how easy it was for them to drive the Internet crazy.

The design in these leaks just looks too boring. Apple always innovates when the release a totally new device, and this just looks too much like the old ones.

I'm still convinced that the Nano will be touch screen, and that it will be "super thin", with Wi-Fi.

As for the 4th gen case leaks, I'm sure that some Chinese guy figured he'd beat everyone to the new case design, and based it off the fake pictures popping up online.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ScottC
The design in these leaks just looks too boring. Apple always innovates when the release a totally new device, and this just looks too much like the old ones.
I agree with most of your points, but why do you think they're releasing a totally new device?

Aside from form factor tweaks, all of the new nanos haven't been too much different from what is, at the time, the old ones.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
except the design departure on the 3gen nano...interesting direction, that. I agree with other posts that this would be a handy shape more or less and really like the rumored 16gb memory.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerd
I agree with most of your points, but why do you think they're releasing a totally new device?

Aside from form factor tweaks, all of the new nanos haven't been too much different from what is, at the time, the old ones.
The Nano only changed shape, and was still based on the old interface. The time has come for a total revamp. IMHO
Old Sep 6, 2008, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Nano only changed shape, and was still based on the old interface. The time has come for a total revamp. IMHO
Devil's advocate would argue:

1) For how many years did the standard iPod go without a major revamp, just better storage, battery life, and better screen?

2) The re-vamped product is the ipod Touch, so there's already a new branch in that portion of the family tree.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I'll go out on Scott's limb. (umm...)

This purported leaked Nano is just not sexiful enough to be real.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nerd

2) The re-vamped product is the ipod Touch, so there's already a new branch in that portion of the family tree.
Exactly. And touch is working out so well for them that I predict the end of the scrollwheel on the iPod. It may become a virtual wheel on a display, but the new iPod nano will be "all screen".

Apple really needs a new "oomph" in their portable players, and a nano sized touch player would deliver the oomph they need, especially since people will be doing Christmas shopping in a few months.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 1:03 am

Since apple more often than not, underwhelms me with their hyped up releases, I think the 4G Nano is the leaked version.

It might have a new OS, but WiFi and touch, I think not.

Tuesday will be the "next big reveal", to borrow a phrase from Days of our Lives.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:40 am

Looks like I was right...

8GB/16GB
New colours
Accelerometer for cover-flow and shuffle
Old form factor, slightly thinner
$149/$199
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow... How totally underwhelming

The new nano is booooring. I was at least right about the "Steve calls it the thinnest iPod ever" part
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Wow... How totally underwhelming
Quite so! Expected a signficantly improved Touch but nada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.