Wiki Posts
Search

TravelSmith Noise Canceling Headphones?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot

I know noise canceling headphones is a topic that's probably been "done" to death, but...I have the Bose Q2s and had recommended them to a friend. She was looking around and found these noise canceling headphones from TravelSmith for $69.00 and wanted to know if they'd be very good.

Since the only ones I have experience with are the Bose, I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone's tried the TravelSmith version and get some reviews.

Thoughts?

TIA,
GG

P.S. A thorough search was conducted prior to the creation of this post.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 6:04 am

Programs: QC Life, AA
Originally Posted by GeoGirl
I know noise canceling headphones is a topic that's probably been "done" to death, but...I have the Bose Q2s and had recommended them to a friend. She was looking around and found these noise canceling headphones from TravelSmith for $69.00 and wanted to know if they'd be very good.

Since the only ones I have experience with are the Bose, I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone's tried the TravelSmith version and get some reviews.

Thoughts?

TIA,
GG

P.S. A thorough search was conducted prior to the creation of this post.

You get what you pay for, and there has been a lot of debate on this and other forums between the Shure and the Bose products, however, I note these are listed as "noise reduction headphones" so might not be anywhere as good as the Bose or Shure.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:22 pm

I've got one of these, and found that it did not provide much noise reduction. It was comparable in performance to a conventional Sony non-noise canceling headset. In addition, mine broke after a couple of flights. However, the company did provide some repair parts quickly after my phone call.

My verdict - don't bother.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:21 pm

Get Audiotechnica ATH-ANC7 QuietPoint $120 from Amazon. A little more $$, yes, but very good, non-fatiguing sound for long flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.