Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
New ASUS toy

a very nice PDA-no built in GPS however
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E3L-_-58109016
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold
decent price... but it's still WM5 and we don't know how their support is regarding bug fixes and upgrades.

I'd feel more comfortable with an HTC device. At least there's a bunch of developers hacking away at it
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For $20 more you can get the iPaq 111 which has twice the memory, twice the CPU power and Windows Mobile 6.

That Asus is pretty old already (almost a whole year old D.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
If I want an older device, I'd get the same thing that was stolen from me by kids on the street in Bucharest. A Dell Axim X51v. They don't make it anymore but you can snag one for $200.

It's only WM5, but it's 640x480, 802.11b, Bluetooth, and has infrared with a good 20 foot range - I used it as a universal remote for all my home theatre equipment. Plus it has it's own video / GPU, great for games on long flights!

But alas, I have it no more and with the exception of one new iPAQ, you can't even find a decent, readily available VGA PDA or smartphone and with a CPU of at least 600MHz.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 2K, MM, SPG PLT
I am waiting for the HTC touch, I have had great success with my Dash.. hacking away at it

This thing looks cool, but anyone know how thick it is?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by Cosmos M
I am waiting for the HTC touch, I have had great success with my Dash.. hacking away at it

This thing looks cool, but anyone know how thick it is?
Are you sure you mean the Touch? That thing's been available for quite some time. See Phonescoop page or search on Engadget.

Dimensions:
99.9 x 58 x 13.9-mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.