Wiki Posts
Search

Laptop backpack w/extra room

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Laptop backpack w/extra room

My laptop case is about wear out on me. It's a briefcase style and it's not conducive to anything else besides the laptop, some files (which I never carry), and cables, etc.

I'm looking for something durable, decent looking of course, with plenty of room for a widescreen laptop w/cables, ipod+cable, camera+cable, phone+cable, small toiletry kit, and a change of clothes or two.

Carrying on two bags is getting tiresome.

Size isn't an issue, as long as it fits in an overhead.

I'd like to keep the price ~$100, but there's some give there.

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 7:39 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I use the Wenger Synergy laptop backpack (Swiss Army). Bought it for $100 and well worth that price (really well made, protects well and most importantly enough storage room that I have made 2 day trips with it as my only luggage). Now it sells for $50! Gave a couple as xmas gifts so I had the link handy. I looked at a dozen other backpacks and none were superior to the Wenger. http://www.buy.com/prod/synergy-lapt.../10393071.html
Old Dec 30, 2007, 7:53 am

North Face - I have the 'recon' model, two large pockets plus numerous smaller pockets, built-in sleeves, available on-line (ems.com) for well under $100.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:08 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I've been using the last four months a Jansport Lapstation for my way oversized Dell M90 - 17" notebook. Holds a ton of extra junk.

It was recommended to me by another road warrior, who had been using it for six months prior.

Currently selling for $72 on eBags:

http://www.ebags.com/jansport/lap_st...?modelid=81971
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
I use the Wenger Synergy laptop backpack (Swiss Army). Bought it for $100 and well worth that price (really well made, protects well and most importantly enough storage room that I have made 2 day trips with it as my only luggage). Now it sells for $50! Gave a couple as xmas gifts so I had the link handy. I looked at a dozen other backpacks and none were superior to the Wenger. http://www.buy.com/prod/synergy-lapt.../10393071.html
Is that "2 day-trips" or "2-day trips"?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Tom Bihn make some lovely stuff that costs more than your target price, but will last you for a looooong time. A Brain Bag with a Brain Cell will do you very nicely.

www.tombihn.com

Audrey
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:48 pm

Ogio Metro

I've been using an Ogio Metro for a few years now - plenty of space and it's held up very well. It's not terribly professional looking (not a big deal for me), but I'd highly recommend it. It's on sale on ebags right now for about 60 bucks.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
Forgot the name of the one you recommended here and was at Best Buy tonight with Mrs. Oneant where we ran across the Synergy. It looked plenty big for my stuff, so I picked it up.

Got home, put everything I need in it for daily use (laptop+cables), then added all the stuff I'd need for a 2-day trip (electronics+cables in the back, toiletries and clothes in the front--I still pack normal stuff like I did in the Marines...folded neatly, then tightly rolled to conserve space), and it was perfect!

Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions. This one fits the role ideally. Small enough for daily use to the office, but big enough for quick trips. No more roll-aboard or duffel for casual overnights.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:13 am

I have a synergy as well. Its by far one of the best laptop bags I have owned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.