Wiki Posts
Search

Yet Another GPS Question - Music???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Yet Another GPS Question - Music???

I'm thinking about getting a GPS. I've got a $50 Best Buy gift certificate to burn. Also, if I spend $600 I will get an additional $150 gift card from Best Buy as part of the Amex Wishlist promotion.

I don't know that I really need a GPS, but it would be a cool toy and could come in handy in my travels. I know that many of them do MP3s, but do they do them well? How are the FM transmitters for in car use?

My intent would be to carry the GPS on trips and not the MP3 player. My cell phone (Motorola L7e) can also act as an MP3 player (2 GB microSD), but the interface is not great and I do worry about my fellow passengers freaking out if they see me using a phone on the plane, even if it is in airplane mode.

My other desires:
- charge via mini-usb cable
- not much larger than my current hard drive MP3 player (MP3)
- able to see satellites from airplane (I know, have to be in window)
- North America and Europe maps (hopefully both included, but I doubt)
- Traffic
- SD slot preferred (already have many cards)

It looks like the higher end Garmin units fit my desires. Anyone have opinions on the 700 series?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.