Wiki Posts
Search

Power tip (igo, Kensington, Targus etc...) exchange thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:01 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by rofra
Thanks for your advise.
The M15 seems to be a mini-USB tip - as well as the M16. Do you know what's the difference between the two?

And: Do you know if it possible to buy the USB1 somewhere?
Ah-ha, finally a FT thread I know something about

I've not found any difference between M16 and M15 (I think I have both) but I've not opened them up to see if they have different resistors (which would change output voltage and/or current limit).

With either of them, you'll want to invest in at least one of these priceless little gems:
http://www.buyextras.com/usbfetomib5f.html
which converts a typical MiniUSB power supply to provide a USB socket like your computer has - thus you can use *ANY* USB "charging" cable you might happen to have.

I use one with my APC UPB10, one with my Jabra charging cable, keep one with my mini-USB power supply, one with my each of my ChargeSource (Kensington) supplies, etc.....

Did I mention you should probably buy a *few* of them at once?

HTH,
Richard
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:06 pm

Wanted: Kensington-style N14 tip

I'd really appreciate getting hold of one (or more) Kensington-type N14 tips - which I think were advertised to fit certain Acer notebooks.

TIA,
Richard
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rsolomon
which converts a typical MiniUSB power supply to provide a USB socket like your computer has - thus you can use *ANY* USB "charging" cable you might happen to have.
That's what the USB1-tip does, too - providing an USB socket. Unfortunately I couldn't find a retailer selling it.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, WN
Hey all, wondering if anyone has a spare A32 lying around?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:55 pm

Need one (or more) N19 tip

I have a N1, N2, N3, N5, N9 & N15 that I don't use.
TIA
Bill
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I also have Kensington tips N3, N5, N15 and N19 available, looking for tip N29 if anyone has one.

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:59 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
If anyone has a Targus tip for a Dell Inspiron 1525 and/or Mini 9, I'd be very grateful.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 2:16 pm

wanted igo A43 (palm)

offering igo A32 (Razr V3) & igo A00 (palm E2/ older samsung)

Last edited by aerobie; Mar 28, 2009 at 2:24 pm Reason: wrong format
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd really appreciate getting hold of one (or more) Kensington-type N14 tips - which I think were advertised to fit certain Acer notebooks.

TIA,
Richard
Note that the N14 isn't a perfect fit for the Acer Aspire One. I find that I have to fiddle a bit with it before it will charge my Aspire One as it has to be in just the right position.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by PTravel
Note that the N14 isn't a perfect fit for the Acer Aspire One. I find that I have to fiddle a bit with it before it will charge my Aspire One as it has to be in just the right position.
Bummer. Do you have a set of calipers to measure the dimensions of the tip? I thought it was 4.8mm/1.7mm (Outer diameter / inner diameter)

Richard
Old Mar 29, 2009, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bummer. Do you have a set of calipers to measure the dimensions of the tip? I thought it was 4.8mm/1.7mm (Outer diameter / inner diameter)

Richard
Unfortunately, I don't have calipers. The N14 does work with the Acer Aspire One -- it is just a little finicky, unlike the charger and tip provided with the computer.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by PTravel
Unfortunately, I don't have calipers. The N14 does work with the Acer Aspire One -- it is just a little finicky, unlike the charger and tip provided with the computer.
Hmmm, I was out yesterday and looked at an Aspire One - it appears the shipped power plug is much larger diameter than the one I thought the N14 replaces. Is your N14 a noticeably smaller outside diameter than your factory power plug?

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:08 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I have a Kensington N9 and N9- (that's N9 "dash") that I can give away.

Only for established FTers though (I made the effort to send one to a noob and they never even so much as thanked me, and it really p'ed me off).
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:25 pm

Motorola Tips

I checked the Kensington site. They sell a Motorola pack of 4 tips; one is the M16 - a mini USB. I guess that's what I need, and I hate to have to buy the other 3 tips I don't need. Anybody know if Kensington will send just one tip?

BTW...the M15 tip is for the Blackberrys. When my charger broke, my son gave me his Blackberry charger which will fit in the Motorola. I lights up the screen but won't charge the phone. So I guess there is a difference between M16 and M15.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Armadillo
So I guess there is a difference between M16 and M15.
Have you actually *tried* the M15? I have both M16 and M15 tips and both work identically with my RAZR V3 and several HTC phones. I've also never had trouble charging a wide variety of other mini-USB devices.

I accept there likely is a difference between M16 and M15 but I've not been able to find it - and I tried reasonably hard to do so. I'm always interested in getting the highest possible charge current, so I got both M15 and M16 some years back in hopes one would be noticeably higher current.... no joy.

YMMV of course.

Richard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.